SAU Community

Pioneer Headunit AUX Input Guide

jnr_j

Pioneer Headunit AUX Input Help

For anyone who has a Pioneer headunit and wants to hook up something to the auxillary input they read about when buying the headunit, there is a cheap way!

I checked out the official Pioneer connectors and found that they're actually just tapping into the correct pins on the "P-Bus" connector.

Cheaper Alternative

Do it yourself! You can either make up some kind of connector, or just hook into the pins you need. The following is a partial pinout for the connector:

IP_bus_pioneer.gif

I also managed to get hold of the schematic for the Pioneer CD-RB20 gizmo (1mb):

http://users.tpg.com.au/johnkg/skyline/pio...0-schematic.jpg

Info here:

http://users.tpg.com.au/johnkg/skyline/pio...neer/index.html

Cheers,

john

Ohhh, I was about to buy a $120.00 Pioneer cable to connect my iPod to my head-unit.

Does this work for all Pioneer units? I have a DEH-P4350, or something along those lines.

Edit: Just read your links. Looks like it'll work. icon14.gif

I put this connection together today, but my head-unit doesn't recognise my iPod. The Source button just cycles through CD and radio.

I have connected four wires (as pictured above) to a left/right RCA cable and I've plugged my iPod into the RCA cable via the headphone output. What am I doing wrong?

turn your head unit off. when its off hold down the function button for 5 seconds. a menu will come up where you can enable AUX which is the IPbus connector. You can also rename it like when you name a CD by holding down audio i think when it is selected and you can call it iPod instead of AUX

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at the Pioneer AUX Input option but then i thought to myself, i could do this myself. Screw buying one of the RB20 thingo's when I already have one in my engine bay.

I have a basic Pioneer DEH-P2050, it has the IP-BUS thingo but no Aux Inputs but I remembered reading i could switch to AUX etc. which had my puzzled when I installed the stereo.

When i bought my iPod I was going to get myself an iTunes unit but read they are pretty shitty, even on their own website they dont say its that crash hot. Then I my manual said something about AUX input so I had a quick look at the stereo again, I then pulled it apart to find on the MotherBoard of the deck it has the AUX input solder points. I simply soldered some wires and some RCA cables onto this and booyah, I had myself some AUX inputs :)

After doing it I found on caraudioaustralia some guy found the same thing and he has also taken a photo of it to show where it is.

Very helpful and it saved me $180 for the official Pioneer device.

Shaun

• 4 weeks later...
Pioneer Headunit AUX Input Help

For anyone who has a Pioneer headunit and wants to hook up something to the auxillary input they read about when buying the headunit, there is a cheap way!

I checked out the official Pioneer connectors and found that they're actually just tapping into the correct pins on the "P-Bus" connector.

Cheaper Alternative

Do it yourself! You can either make up some kind of connector, or just hook into the pins you need. The following is a partial pinout for the connector:

IP_bus_pioneer.gif

I also managed to get hold of the schematic for the Pioneer CD-RB20 gizmo (1mb):

http://users.tpg.com.au/johnkg/skyline/pio...0-schematic.jpg

Info here:

http://users.tpg.com.au/johnkg/skyline/pio...neer/index.html

Cheers,

john

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCUS,

do you have any schematics or manuals to suit cd tuner deh-236 (pioneer).

If not do you know where I can get one from.

many thanks

Marcus :flamed:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...