SAU Community

To 30/26 Or Keep The 26?

SIR-JD

Where they are quite a bit slower than the other cars but way more fuel efficient so don't have to stop as often.

It's not the torque which makes them competitive.

Is that why the 3 Audi TDIs took the first three positions in qualifying

Close! it's 6,000 because you can't rev an rb30 beyond that no matter you do with them

all things being equal, you can always rev a motor with a shorter stroke more no matter how you build them.

That rb 30 z is a drag car, would be totally useless around a track and irrelevant to the ops aim. To get any torque or power out of that thing it would have to be revving at 5000rpm and have nos to get it on boost just to get it off the line.

all things being equal, you can always rev a motor with a shorter stroke more no matter how you build them.

That's fine, but for the average joe blow on a "normal budget", why would you want to rev the thing past 8000 RPM.

That's fine, but for the average joe blow on a "normal budget", why would you want to rev the thing past 8000 RPM.

You dont need to.who said you did. but it would get there at the same time a 30 will get to 6500. 26s spin up a lot faster because of the shorter stroke thats my point

So if you have a rolling run from say 4500 RPM in 4th, both engines make the same peak power but the RB30 has more torque through the mid range will still accelerate the car slower than the "rev happy" RB 26?

So if you have a rolling run from say 4500 RPM in 4th, both engines make the same peak power but the RB30 has more torque through the mid range will still accelerate the car slower than the "rev happy" RB 26?

4500rpm in 4th is same speed as you would be changing from 2nd to 3rd in a RB26 :pirate:

You dont need to.who said you did. but it would get there at the same time a 30 will get to 6500. 26s spin up a lot faster because of the shorter stroke thats my point

In neutral maybe.

Not when a torquier engine is pushing 1500kgs.

Rb30 would kill it of course with the extra torque, but put both in there sweet spot the 26 cover a greater rev range in the same time if you had identical power and torque figures, which of course you dont. be interested to see this on a graph though.

If you think torque isn't important go back to the graphs and look at the torque readings when a turbo engine comes on boost . Homologation specials like GTRs are not IMO a great example of what production turbo engines/cars are like - because its reason for being was a narrow focus special . Typical production road cars make more torque (same engine/capacity) in turbo form than the NA versions do and surprisingly , for some , at lower revs than the NA ones often do .

Gootta run trains to move , cheers A .

• Like 1

And who is saying torque is not important.....geez

I am going to take my 70 kw alfa33 out for a trashing now just to prove to myself that...don't know but I am taking it out anyway....I know carbies are better than FI. Hopefully I can find a vl.