SAU Community

To 30/26 Or Keep The 26?

SIR-JD

That's fine, but for the average joe blow on a "normal budget", why would you want to rev the thing past 8000 RPM.

But isnt that the point. The original poster is talking about shoudl he throw a 30 bottm end in his car. He hasnt talked about changing cams, turbos etc...so he is simply moving his power brand down 500-700rpm. he is talking about track days, not competition and just wants to do them reliably. You then talk about people with a normal budget...well a built 26 bottom end needs pistons and bearings, std crank and rods can do the job for a gob of power. If its an R32 sometimes there are bonnet clearance issues etc.

An RB30 bottm end is going to most likely needs rods as well as pistons...need sump adaptor, more machine work for the head studs,. mod dump and cooler pipes....If you want to spend the extra cash and have the extra headroom for future power mods with bigger turbos etc..But the tone of the original post suggests to me best stick with the 2.6L. He said it was responsive as is. HBut he also said budget isnt a concern sooo... present both side of the discussion

You dont need to.who said you did. but it would get there at the same time a 30 will get to 6500. 26s spin up a lot faster because of the shorter stroke thats my point

Does that mean an RB28 will get to approx 7300 RPM by the time the 26 gets to 8000 RPM?

^^ ur a funny guy!! By this logic roy has us all beat with his rb20.

All this time I thought it had to do with turbos blade tech and flow mechanics with proper headwork and correct cam choice.. f**k ive wasted my time and money

brb going to destroke my engine real quick

• Like 1

i'm gonna stir the pot again.

less torque = smaller, lighter drivetrains = faster!

What changes in a GTR driveline after a 3.0 conversion to make it heavier than the original?

Try again.

You take 5th gear out cos the 2.6L doesn't have enough torque to turn 5th gear :D

What changes in a GTR driveline after a 3.0 conversion to make it heavier than the original?

Try again.

^^ ur a funny guy!! By this logic roy has us all beat with his rb20.

All this time I thought it had to do with turbos blade tech and flow mechanics with proper headwork and correct cam choice.. f**k ive wasted my time and money

brb going to destroke my engine real quick

Your right. Roy is on the money. I bet a well set up rb20 would tear strips off a garden variety 26 or 26/30.

Takes a lot more than capacity to be a good track engine....

Plus it would sound better too

Your right. Roy is on the money. I bet a well set up rb20 would tear strips off a garden variety 26 or 26/30.

Takes a lot more than capacity to be a good track engine....

Plus it would sound better too

Whipper snipper? 26 cc of fury!

That will push a heavy GTR around the track like a bulldog!

• Like 1