SAU Community

To 30/26 Or Keep The 26?

SIR-JD

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! :D Just wondering if the T66 might surge making 50psi @ 3000? Maybe I should put a bigger exhaust on to increase lag say something silly like a 3.5" system and bring the turbo on around 1000rpm later? ;)

dont be a top bloke, get a t70, cause that one comes with the compressor maps! cause new turbos suck! why pay all that money on a fancy engine and shit and not get an old turbo!

dont be a top bloke, get a t70, cause that one comes with the compressor maps! cause new turbos suck! why pay all that money on a fancy engine and shit and not get an old turbo!

I love how good your memory is of dumb posts

Hahahaha

This thread delivers

If that whats his name guy heard that he'd. .....He'd. ....Agree? ;)

Edited by Mick_o

I think a lot of what people are trying to communicate here is that for a large percentage of people looking at engines.

Just spending a bit of cash on building a 26 is probably more cost effective than an RB28 or 30.

Don't let anyone tell you having a properly running and installed thirty is a walk in the park or cheaper... it's simply not the case.

People also tend to harp on about a few issues in the Skyline world purely because they are the uneducated consensus.

I think a lot of people would be a lot better off if they thought of it purely in terms of the block box theory.

A black box where air and fuel goes in and work comes out.

I think a lot of what people are trying to communicate here is that for a large percentage of people looking at engines.

Just spending a bit of cash on building a 26 is probably more cost effective than an RB28 or 30.

Don't let anyone tell you having a properly running and installed thirty is a walk in the park or cheaper... it's simply not the case.

People also tend to harp on about a few issues in the Skyline world purely because they are the uneducated consensus.

I think a lot of people would be a lot better off if they thought of it purely in terms of the block box theory.

A black box where air and fuel goes in and work comes out.

I don't know of I'm missing something, but I have absolutely no idea what you are getting at with the black box theory ??

When I take the car for a spin this week Ill let you know. Or better yet come down and drive it for yourself, afterwards you can sit down with Bob and tell him how he could improve the combo.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has mentioned what car this is going in???

After doing a RB2630 in a R34 GTR, I would say don't do it if it is going into a 4wd, especially if you want to go dry sump in the future. Bonnet didn't fit, sway bar fouls the dry sump fittings, block adapter means bottom gearbox holes are now out by 40mm, inter cooler pipes need to lengthened, exhaust needs to be lengthened, strut brace doesn't fit, clutch master doesn't fit anymore... The list goes on and on...

If you build a 3ltr, build it as a 3.2ltr.

Also, a RB2630 does rev, mine will go to 9000... And has survived a few 10,000 over revs.

If you want something easy build a 2.8 cause everything bolts back up, but if your willing to put in the work a 3L is a great thing

like what I said here on the first page about the 3l needing extra work to fit.

I don't know how your bell housing bolts ended up out by 40mm mine were out by 10mm (little bit of customizing and now they fit) and my sump is no where near hitting my sway bar and my standard clutch master is still in the car

Sorry, bolts out by 10mm... There still out and require fab work to modify. My sump doesn't foul on the sway bar, the external oil pump fittings do (dry sump). Clutch master doesn't fit due to the Greddy intake plenum that used to fit fine. Add to that the cross member needed to be notched, the firewall taken to with a hammer etc etc.

Edited by TwinTurboCelica