SAU Community

R32 Attesa Not Working, No Relevant Codes

hey guys, need some help with this one.

ATTESA was working fine a year ago, but the car has been down getting new work done.

I have since deleted HICAS, Deleted ABS, and swapped from Power FC to AEM EMS.

There is no 4WD light coming on but my torque gauge is dead, it doesnt move.

(I had this problem when i first got the car and it was the g-sensor, i swapped it with a new one and have had 4wd since than)

When i flash codes from the attesa ECU i get code 8 and code 9 which are both for the ABS module and expected. From what I read this doesnt affect 4wd. no other codes. I know the Attesa ECU needs to see RPM, TPS Etc. But i would think it would throw a code if it weren't seeing these things. The aem has the proper circuit dedicated to TPS and RPM out, its not like i need to configure those outputs.

If anyone has been down this road before please help me out.

If it was giving me a code at least I'd know where to look.

thanks in advance

ATTESA uses the ABS sensors for detecting wheel slip. If a lack of ABS didn't affect ATTESA, then why on earth would Nissan have built error codes into the system?

Any error causes ATTESA to not work. If you don't have a AWD light, then have you checked the bulb is working?

had the same issue with my old R32 GTS-4 with RB25DET and Microtech - was never able to devise a way to make it work, and mine didn't throw a light either. I tried doing the wire crossing for the TPS signal, piggbacking a stock ECU onto the old loom, etc, no luck. The only possible lead I got told about was the existence of a signal box to make the ATTESSA ECU independent of needing TPS signal from the engine ECU?

If you ever manage to work it out please post up how you did it.

Edited by bozodos

Yes I know attesa uses abs sensors but they Report directly to the attesa ecu (it's also the abs ecu hence why it blinks abs codes as well as attesa codes) so it's getting the signals it needs just fine

The codes 8 and 9 are relevant to the abs pump which has nothing to do with the 4wd

I've read about several (a lot) of people pulling abs pump out with no 4wd problems at all

Edited by R32N00B

And bozo the ecu actually throws a code (21 I think) if it's not getting tps/rpm signal

I'm fairly sure it is since the aem has a dedicated output (same as stock ecu pin) and there is no other codes

No help?

Not if you call people trying to help "bozo" :no:

ATTESA clearly relies on the ABS system working. If you've disabled ABS by removing the pump, then ATTESA is well within its rights to shut down as well.

Have you confirmed that the AWD warning light is working?

Not if you call people trying to help "bozo" :no:

ATTESA clearly relies on the ABS system working. If you've disabled ABS by removing the pump, then ATTESA is well within its rights to shut down as well.

Have you confirmed that the AWD warning light is working?

Bozo is the guys screen name i was responding too.... -_-

As that's just not true I've searched and found over a dozen people removing the abs pump, getting codes 8/9 and have no Negative affects to the awd function

So I know that's not my problem

But for shits and giggles I'm going to pick up my abs pump at my old shop to plug it in and see but seeing how it's been done time and time again (and r32 n1 models come with no abs too) I doubt it will change anything.

ATTESA needs wheel speed sensors, yes I know this, I accidentally left one unplugged one time and got the code from the attesa ecu, when I plugged it back it it functioned perfect again, but it doesn't need the abs pump/solenoid assembly, that is strictly for ABS

Edited by R32N00B

been seeing a lot of these R32 ATTESA threads coming up lately, can't remember if I ever looked for flashing LEDs on mine. Did not help that mine had a Stagea RB25 motor and gearbox as well, car was a headf**k from start to finish.