SAU Community

New Manifold Fabrication W/ Pics

R32N00B

Looks fantastic but wondering about the practicality of it for 2 reasons.

1 - The movement in the pipe will be slightly more than the engine since it's further away from the mounts.

2- The HEAT coming out of that is surely going to bubble the bonnet.

Looks fantastic but wondering about the practicality of it for 2 reasons.

1 - The movement in the pipe will be slightly more than the engine since it's further away from the mounts.

2- The HEAT coming out of that is surely going to bubble the bonnet.

Nah, I've seen the screamer through the bonnet on a few cars at Powercruise over the years, no visible damage to the bonnet or paint or carbon or anything else. Seems to work fine.

I'm just gonna get right down to it

Was running a poorly built 1 1/4" steam pipe log manifold made with pipe tee's and 90s... It cracked all to shit in a matter of 1000 miles (guy didn't know what he was doing/no purge etc)

He's a couple pics of the log

2aqaqapy.jpgtamehyha.jpg

ju9u3ugu.jpg

Like I said within 1000-1500 miles it was cracked to shit!!!!

e4e8e5ez.jpgra7aryqu.jpg

y4y7etuv.jpg

mu5uvadu.jpg

Nice right??

So here's a sneak peak of my finished manifold before we go through the process

maguse4a.jpg

Ok I kid :)

Here we go!

my9e4esu.jpg

evedahuj.jpg

ana9ybeq.jpg

epusurer.jpg

muduja2a.jpg

zahanagy.jpg

9a8a4yde.jpggesyqu9u.jpg

Quick break to check my pistons for any detonation marks

gu6utyju.jpg

Nope were looking good back to it

semy8yge.jpg

yde8u3er.jpg\

Meanwhile........Still banging out shop work

ty9u7eba.jpg

Back to the fun stuff......

sytuqezu.jpg

dasa8y9e.jpg

e5avemeh.jpg

mu9y5a2u.jpg

8u7yhuhe.jpg

a6uzuhy5.jpg

Meanwhile he's doing that I'm sorting out my new fuel system, wiring for the AEM V2, cas trigger disc, suspension, new wheels, hicas abs delete etc

ryhube3u.jpg

etubytut.jpg

y9apyzam.jpgu7umubaj.jpg

Nice welding mate, how do you fabricate the contoured CHS parts for the merge collectors ?

Nice welding mate, how do you fabricate the contoured CHS parts for the merge collectors ?

The collector is built using spayed cut pipe. From there he just welds them together and ports it out by hand.... Nothing exotic there.

Nice work! What are the engine specs? And is that one of those "oil less" Comp Turbos? Not a popular choice - be interesting to hear how it goes

Tomei genesis RB28 shortblock

Mild port on head

Multiangle valve job

Tomei valve springs

Greddy 264 9.1 cams (gonna go more aggressive later like 272 11 lift)

This comp turbo is not oil-less, you can see the feed and Drain in a couple pics

They hadn't released that technology yet when I got this turbo about 4-5 years ago, they literally released billet wheels a month or two after I ordered it otherwise I would've gone billet

It's a 72mm triple ball bearing SX wheel .81 hotside

Selling price?

he said he could do the 1st couple at $1700usd to break into the Australian market

Once they prove themselves there (and they will) the price would bump up a little

This includes a manifold setup for twin tial gates

Tomei genesis RB28 shortblock

Mild port on head

Multiangle valve job

Tomei valve springs

Greddy 264 9.1 cams (gonna go more aggressive later like 272 11 lift)

This comp turbo is not oil-less, you can see the feed and Drain in a couple pics

They hadn't released that technology yet when I got this turbo about 4-5 years ago, they literally released billet wheels a month or two after I ordered it otherwise I would've gone billet

It's a 72mm triple ball bearing SX wheel .81 hotside

Ahh silly me - cheers for the details, sounds like it's going to be a bit of a monster :)

he said he could do the 1st couple at $1700usd to break into the Australian market

Once they prove themselves there (and they will) the price would bump up a little

This includes a manifold setup for twin tial gates

I'm located in the US. I have my own race shop in AZ. Just curious on the product. Looks great.

I really wanted to be but I'm still not 100% ready for my largest race for the season coming up in a few weeks. I have a new motor installed that I haven't heard make noise yet!!! We might make a day trip cause I have a few empty body panels that could use sponsorship. Kinda up to the wife also.