SAU Community

Stagea Running Crap When Hot

My stagea which I've owned for about 48 hours is doing my head in! Bought it and drove home ( 80miles ) half a mile away from my home the car misfired and cut out. Would only start when cold. I've changed the afm and it now starts all the time but when it warms up its smokes ( black ) no power, and when you put your foot down and the boost reaches 0psi the fuel cuts out completely until you release the throttle. Changed afm and O2 sensor. Still no luck. Don't wanna have to get rid if the car already but I can't keep throwing money at it and I haven't even driven it properly yet! Please help!

next time its hot and wont start unplug the ecu coolant sensor which is the 2 pin sensor bolted onto the front of the intake manifold if rb stagea. if it starts u found the problem so install a new one

Edited by Dan_J

next time its hot and wont start unplug the ecu coolant sensor which is the 2 pin sensor bolted onto the front of the intake manifold if rb stagea. if it starts u found the problem so install a new one

^^^ Yep I had that problem once. If you disconnect the sensor the ecu has a default map that will keep you running til you get a new one.

You don't say where you are.

Don't keep throwing money at it - find a mechanic/workshop familiar with RBs and get them to have a look before you buy stuff on spec.

Don't wanna have to get rid if the car already but I can't keep throwing money at it and I haven't even driven it properly yet! Please help!

This is why you diagnose an issue before buying parts.

An intake pressure test is the first thing I would have done...