SAU Community

Track Pads

Thanks for that info John, how do you find the HC's overall stopping power? I like a pad that will almost stand the car on it's nose when applied hard.

Edited by 260DET

Thanks for that info John, how do you find the HC's overall stopping power? I like a pad that will almost stand the car on it's nose when applied hard.

With the club racer I was getting lock with hard application. The HC are more progressive and you can stand on them harder without lock.

Since the original post, I've gone to HC+, to HC800, then back to the HC+. Pretty sure my rotors were the same throughout (GTR sized DBA4000)

The HC800 are supposed to be the same compound as the HC+. The HC+ is made in Japan and HC800 made in Thailand, but I found that the HC800 wore a lot quicker.

I prefer the pedal feel of the PMU's over the DS2500's I had previously as it's more progressive. The DS2500's were pretty bitey.

Depends a bit on how hard the brakes can be applied or how hard you want to apply them, according to that ^ graphic the HC+ will apply more retardation than the HC-CS at the same pedal pressure. Which is best for you depends on your braking setup and personal preference.

The only comment from me is that the HC-CS is more consistent through the temperature range then the HC+, which to me is more important than actual maximum bite.

However, as there is no scale on the Y-axis, it's impossible to tell how much variation there is between the two, because it doesn't tell you whether the Y axis reads from zero to max, or is scaled to read a narrow band, in which case you can't draw any comparison from the 2 lines.

In other words, is it an engineering graph or a marketing graph?