SAU Community

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10...

I may have beat Troy (Evo_Lee) to this one...

Details are pretty thin due to the fact that I haven't translated the whole article yet, but here goes the important stuff:

New Mivec 2000cc turbo engine with aluminium block

Power over 320ps

Torque "over" 44kg/m...

All-new platform

Front active LSD

Looking at a late 2006, early 2007 debut...

The pics:

4evo10.jpg

4evo10proto.jpg

Sorry about the pic, but this is apic of the full size concept model.

4mivec.jpg

I'm sure Troys got more info on this car...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can there be a EVO X, when the EVO VIIII isn't even out and people don't even know what it will look like.
Have some faith in your Japan dwelling SAU brothers...

4evo9.jpg

The Evolution "IX" (not VIIII)...

And the Evo 9 is just a minor face lift, 18" wheels and a couple of other nik naks being changed, slated for an early 2005 release... just coz it ain't been reported in the Sunday paper, don't mean it doesn't exist.

rezz whats the word on mitsubishi in japan as you may have heard they have closed one of the plants in aus and are experiencing serious financial difficulties. is that going to affect the release of any models like the evo as you mentioned above or are they just trading like its business as normal over there?

the evo x looks like someone mixed an aston martin with a current model evo its a mongrel

Justin: LOL, yeah I flipped through the mag at the combini they seem to be going towards the WRC car look.

The look is kind ghey but it's a concept sketch...don't think any of us think the next GT-R is going to look as futuristic as it's concept model.

Without Mivec it is already the most highly powered 2L engine but I will have to see what the actual power figures of the new EJ20T on a dyno. With a mild dose of Mivec it will get 350ps from the crank easy but that means they have done nothing much to the engine :(, I just hope it will be as light as the MR.

Ive always disliked the Evo mainly because its a lancer, and they mass produce lancers here so every mtfker and his dog can put a muffler on and think they are cool. If they made the EVO look totally different to the $19,990 GLX lancer then ide be fine with it, but it hardly looks any different.

I could never spend $70K or whatever to buy a lancer, even if it is turbo etc

hmm EVO or 33/34 GTR

hmmmm

:P

hey rezz are you trying to beat evo lee to post because he keeps beating you at pool??

hehehe...read the update he actually came good last weekend. But come to think of it he brought the shocker aka Nao a Japanese dude who played worst then he did which effectively made Justin look alot lot better :P:(:P

Ive always disliked the Evo mainly because its a lancer, and they mass produce lancers here so every mtfker and his dog can put a muffler on and think they are cool. If they made the EVO look totally different to the $19,990 GLX lancer then ide be fine with it, but it hardly looks any different.

I could never spend $70K or whatever to buy a lancer, even if it is turbo etc  

hmm EVO or 33/34 GTR  

hmmmm  

:P

And the Skyline is not mass produced:rolleyes:

It's funny you say that when effectively in Japan this is the case with Skylines...every man and his dog has a GT-R badge or GT-R bar or 400R bar on a standard Skyline. I don't think I have ever see a normal lancer here trying to look like an Evo. I agree the whole lookalike Evo scene in Aust is ghey.

The CT Evo and the normal Lancer no longer share many common body parts without panel work...so normal Lancers can do whatever they want and they will not look like an Evo...not to mention if you are smart you can always tell Evo have aluminium panels compared to normal Lancers. As for $70K for an Evo...I never paid that much for mine :P:(

i suppose that in the perspective of an aussie where the skyline is a low volume import and the lancer is a mass produced vehicle that any 17 year old with a few bucks thinks is cool to dump on its ass and put a few stickers and an exhaust on it.

i guess in japan where the skyline has a cult following you must see so many of them that they become boring and only the really good examples jump out at you.

i guess the reason we get hit with such high costs for the evo is because they are a low volume import over here or imported in such small numbers that the costs are really high due to the cost of adr crash testing.

in japan the evo must sell for a bit cheaper than the price we get hit for

evo lee just wait till rezz forgets to invite shocker to the next pool match and its back to being beaten again :P:(:P

Mcnamg, yeah I know the RS2 versions brought in were flogged off at ridiculously high price. In fact it's about right considering the exchange rate back then was 60:1 then factor in compliance and all that jazz. When the E7 (CT) was sold new here in 2000 it was actually slightly cheaper at 3.5Mil Yen (but still $60K AU on the road if you do the 2000 exchange) then the earlier Evos. So now with the current exchange rate they should sell at a competitive price.

You put it nicely by saying Skylines have a cult following, yes that is true but they are also commonly bought as family cars so there are alot of them around. But you don't see me knocking that...seriously people just have to get over it.

As for whether Justin is really a ghey pool player I will leave it up to Dave to judge...we're both heading out to Yamanashi soon...and will indeed play a few rounds over there :P.