SAU Community

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i was saying is that Skylines purpose was mainly focused on performance.

Yes the GTR and EVO are performance bred. But im saying again that the EVO is too much like a normal lancer to really stand out for me.  

Have you raced one before? Or have you even seen a properly done up Evo in the flesh running? On a track like the Queensland Raceway, the Evo will decimate the GTR let alone the GTST.

Entry level skyline?

The different between GTSt and GTR isnt like comparing a lancer with an EVO, Because a lancer is not performance orientated AT ALL, Gtst on the other hand is.

Even the DE models have atleast a straight 6 and rear wheel drive.

The normal lancer couldnt be further from the EVO.

Just because one is NA FF doesn't make it less of a performance oriented machine than a turbo FR. Ever seen the Top Fuel Civic? Or the Jun range of civics? You reckon you could beat them? They probably never bothered modifying the base Lancer because the Evo's 4G63 is right up there with the RB26DETT in terms of modification potential.

So saying a GTR is just a riced up GTSt is stupid, cos a GTSt isnt rice in the first place, a normal lancer is.

Isn't that a matter of opinion? And besides imitation is the greatest form of flattery.  

My point? Well how about the fact that the ratio of lancers to skylines here is about 1000:1, and that would be about the ratio of people that could tell the difference between a lancer and evo aswell.

Ofcourse there is heaps of skyines in japan, just like there is heaps of commodores in australia. But were talking about australia here..

You need to get out of Australia more often then. The motorsports scene here isn't exactly flash. If you can't tell the difference between an Evo and a base Lancer, just wait till it rapes you for whatever you're worth on a track, drag, mountain road, highway, whatever you want.

Yes man, the little ricer lancer boy told me :rofl:  

And lancer will always have the little ricer boy problem, even if you have an EVO, 99 out of 100 people will look and go pff another lancer.

If you look way back into Skylines history when it was invented by the price motor company, their focus even if clouded back then, was always performance.

And this hasn't affected the GTR how? The same people who go "pff another Lancer" will go "pff another Skyline". I don't even want to start about people dressing their cars up to look like GTRs.

Thus why i think EVOs arent that popular compared to GTRs or MKIV Supras, because people associate them to the normal lancer which just doesnt stand out compared to the competition. Common, u put a GLX lancer next to an evo, yeh they are a little different, but considering they are TOTALLY different cars underneath... They both look way too similar.

If you think that Evos are not popular, you've got it very wrong. You must be very myopic not to realise how popular Evos are outside of Japan and Australia. Do you seriously think that the Evo was designed to target the Australian market? In fact, the Evos are more popular than the GTRs and the Supras based on pricing. Also, all three cars were designed for different purposes, they are popular for whatever category they were designed for. How many times have you seen a GTR or a Supra in a WRC rally? Open up your eyes dude. The world is not just bitumen you know.

The sheer number of EVOs would annoy me if i owned one, i mean there already up to 10!! its like final fantasy! Buy an EVO 10 and 2 years later EVO 11 comes out.

Still doesn't make any of the Evos less potent than the previous generation. The Evo 2 still holds the record in Australia for treaded radials under 2400cc.

They both mad cars, and if the EVO body was different ide have nothing against it.

I think after 10 EVOs they could have designed something that looks better and is totally different to the other, theyve just altered the look a little and bang a new one.  

Are the GTSts totally different in body shape to the GTRs, besides the flared guards?  

:rant: yeh thats exacly what im saying. Even the base base base model skyline still looks alrite. I just cant stand the lancer look, too many dickheads own them everywhere. The EVO just doesnt have the body to match its performance.

And what makes you think no dickheads own skylines? What would you consider to be a suitable body for a WRC contender? The same as a touring car? I don't think so. Why does the body not match its performance? That is just a very myopic view.

My god, whats with all the skyline on skyline hate?

At the end of the day EVOs look shit even if they are as good as GTRs

Im here because i own a skyline, not because i have an evo

I just stated what i think about the evo, everyone has blown it out of proportion.

If they are so good, why dont all of the above own one? why are you on skylines australia? Why do u own a GTR rb26dett?

I think im entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is the EVO doesnt cut it for me compared to a GTR

EVEN the base model skyline is somewat more performance orientated than the base model Lancer.

I used GTSt as the base model example because pantae said a GTR just looks like a riced up skyline.

'Rb26dett'

The EVO wont decimate the GTR on somewhere like QLD raceway, have u got any actual fact of this? or exacly like ive stated it an opinion which everyone is entitled to.

Ofcourse :rofl: i didnt say that Fwd cars cant be performance cars, i said that the design of a normal lancer is NO WAY performance orientated. Seriously, u have to agree there. Yeh man, i can beat top fuel civics :rolf: how stupid do u think i am?

We are all adults here. I have been out of australia many times, if you came to my house, youd see i actually live with japanese people my friend, i have a japansese step mum and 2 step sisters ;)

I know people dressing up GTSt's to look like GTRs suck. But u tell me wats worse, a GTSt trying to look like a GTR, or a base model lancer with a shitty Exhaust and Apexi stickers trying to look like an Evo?!

Everyones opinion is different, but at the end of the day i can agree with more people who think the EVO doesnt have the whole package, than people who think it does.

And evos arent popular, atleast not here, compared to the sales volume of GTRs considering there are 10 different evos, and only 3 main GTR models, they should be selling alot more.

Ofcourse there will be dickheads in skylines, there will be dickheads in any car, but there are 100x more dickheads driving around in done up lancer glx's than there are in Gtst's/GTSs.

now, group hug

:rant:

My god, whats with all the skyline on skyline hate?
Nothing man... thats just the way you're interpreting it.
Yeah, your entitled to your opinion, but who says you gotta come on here and blurt it out and piss off a few key Evo owners? Grow up.

I just stated what i think about the evo...

Yeah, and you'll find that every Evo owner on this board respects all Skylines for what they ARE, not what some zit-faced teenager who "rices up" his Skyline would have you believe.
I think im entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is the EVO doesnt cut it for me compared to a GTR
Fan-bloody-tastic mate, thats all you had to say.
if you came to my house, youd see i actually live with japanese people my friend, i have a japansese step mum and 2 step sisters :rant:
And this means what exactly? Does that mean you can come on here and authoritively bag other peoples rides based on the stupid car styling fads that are to be found in AU? Hey, I've got a Japanese MOTHER-IN-LAW (feel sorry for me please), but you don't see me making ill informed conclusions.

I just stated what i think about the evo, everyone has blown it out of proportion.

If they are so good, why dont all of the above own one? why are you on skylines australia? Why do u own a GTR rb26dett?

I own a GTR because I prefer a car with longer legs. I prefer the orientation of the GTR as to what it was designed to do. And what makes you think I am not considering an Evo for my next car?  

'Rb26dett'

The EVO wont decimate the GTR on somewhere like QLD raceway, have u got any actual fact of this? or exacly like ive stated it an opinion which everyone is entitled to.

How do you know it won't? An Evo outhandles a Ferrari F40 in Pasir Gudang, but will not outrun a GTR in Sepang. I have witnessed this first hand. If you knew Brian Wheelock, who is from Australia, and a close friend of Possum Bourne, and seen his Evo 6 run you will understand this. I have first hand experience of what both makes are capable of handing out on different tracks in and out of Australia.

Ofcourse :) i didnt say that Fwd cars cant be performance cars, i said that the design of a normal lancer is NO WAY performance orientated. Seriously, u have to agree there. Yeh man, i can beat top fuel civics :rolf: how stupid do u think i am?  

The way you answered that question should answer for yourself how stupid I think you are.

We are all adults here. I have been out of australia many times, if you came to my house, youd see i actually live with japanese people my friend, i have a japansese step mum and 2 step sisters ;)

And this proves what? I have an all Asian family, grew up in Asia with racers campaigning all over the Asia Pacific region in both dirt rally and track courses, running Evos, Civics, Integras, STIs, GTRs. So come out of your well little frog.

And evos arent popular, atleast not here, compared to the sales volume of GTRs considering there are 10 different evos, and only 3 main GTR models, they should be selling alot more.

It's because Ralliart brings them in to sell them locally that makes it hard to bring the Evos in under low volume imports. If you could understand this point, you will understand why Evos are not popular in Australia.

knore jus shut the fcuk up

Evos are a great car, just like what rezz said the Evo is on my list of choice as well.

i cbf readin all that but have u ever been in an Evo? my cusion has a 500hp Evo 6, every time i come out of it i cant feel my arse for a couple hours.

Originally Posted by knore

id choose an evo shell over an 32 shell anyday........ whats so bad about say the C-West Evo?

if evos look ugly..... then wtf is a supra.... im not even gonna go into my opion on the inside of that car

Quote:

Originally Posted by knore

I just stated what i think about the evo...

Yeah, and you'll find that every Evo owner on this board respects all Skylines for what they ARE, not what some zit-faced teenager who "rices up" his Skyline would have you believe.

2nd that.

EVO doesnt have the whole package

no car has the whole package

knore jus shut the fcuk up

Hello to you too :kick:

Evo shell over a 32 shell? what EVO are we talking here, 32 shell came out in 89

Supra ugly? are u kidding? Interior looks like a ****pit, ass phatter than ya mums

Wow your cousin has a 500hp EVO, I know someone with an r32 RB20DET thats making around 5-600hp. 5-600hp out of a GTR or EVO is fairly easy.

Would u buy an EVO over a 33/34 GTR?

Btw: Why would u put an RB25DET into an evo?

RB20E ?! lol even so, its still a straight 6 and rwd, its still good! :Oops:

Hello to you too  :kick:  

Evo shell over a 32 shell? what EVO are we talking here, 32 shell came out in 89

Supra ugly? are u kidding? Interior looks like a ****pit, ass phatter than ya mums

Wow your cousin has a 500hp EVO, I know someone with an r32 RB20DET thats making around 5-600hp. 5-600hp out of a GTR or EVO is fairly easy.  

RB20E ?! lol even so, its still a straight 6 and rwd, its still good!  :Oops:

I won't even bother anymore...you're sounding more and more like those commodore people.

Nothing man... thats just the way you're interpreting it.

Yeah, your entitled to your opinion, but who says you gotta come on here and blurt it out and piss off a few key Evo owners? Grow up.

Fan-bloody-tastic mate, thats all you had to say.  

And this means what exactly? Does that mean you can come on here and authoritively bag other peoples rides based on the stupid car styling fads that are to be found in AU? Hey, I've got a Japanese MOTHER-IN-LAW (feel sorry for me please), but you don't see me making ill informed conclusions.

Piss off a few key Evo owners? This is a forum for skylines last time i checked, and how am i pissing them off? if they bought an EVO they obviously love the car and there isnt anything wrong with that.

'Not what some zit-faced teenager who 'rices up' his skylines would have u beleive'

Whats that supposed to mean? Just because im 19 doesnt mean my beleifs have no standing, nor am i forcing my beleifs onto anyone else, like i said, opinions are opinions, how u take them is up to you.

U say fan tastic to my statement that "I think im entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is the EVO doesnt cut it for me compared to a GTR"

Which is what i have been saying the whole time, nobody goes fair enough each to his own etc instead it just gets picked apart.

Authoritively bag other peoples cars?? What the? when did i do that

Read what i have written, all ive ever said was the evo looks/body isnt good in my eye. Alot of people read threads like this and go 'I dont like this or i like that' but they never post it. I like to join in and make some interesting arguments and stress a topic to its done, some people just go to far.

And the reason i said i have japanese in my family is because RB26dett said ive never been outside australia, i went around thailand and japan for 3 months last year, people are just too quick to assume things around here.

I won't even bother anymore...you're sounding more and more like those commodore people.

Yeh mate, thats why i drive a skyline :)

What a generalisation on your part

Analyse/disagree with whatever i say all you want, but theres no need to swear and call names

Hello to you too

RB20E ?! lol even so, its still a straight 6 and rwd, its still good!

uh.... ok then what dose the 32 shell comin in 89 got to do with it

yeh i know 5-600 is easy thats my point good car

n its not my evo with an rb25. i was just saying

uh.... ok then what dose the 32 shell comin in 89 got to do with it

yeh i know 5-600 is easy thats my point good car

n its not my evo with an rb25. i was just saying

Yeh i didnt think so :)

But i bet RB26DETT in S15 goes pretty nice

id rather have the looks of a Evo 7 or 8 to a 32...

Hmm maybe if you use R32 altho they still look tough, if it was EVO 7-8 compared to 33/34 ide have to say the skyline.

1 cos i own a 33 :)

and 2 cos 34s looks supurb

If any evo owners or lovers are offended then sorry, but not everyone is going to like the same thing. Thats the beauty of life, we are all different ;)

This is just a discussion, thats all, so lets move on

Arent we only up to EVO8 here? I read its being sold locally this time to boost Mitsubishi's profits in AUS as they arent doing very well here