SAU Community

33 Gtst or 180sx HELP!

First of all thank's for helpen me out.

I am undecide weather or not to buy a 180sx or 33gtst for my second car and I was Hoping someone could unbiasly way up some pros and cons for me. I am leaning toward the 180 and was sorta hopeing someone could convince me otherwise. I'm looking to spend around the 15 thousand dollar mark and wondering if I could get a fairly decent skiline for that kinda money. I'm only after a close to stock one. Also why is it that the prices vairy so much from gtst to gtst? is it just because of mod's or what? thanks guys and sorry bout the grammer and spelling i need sleep badly! Laters

Its all opinion, I prefer the looks of a skyline over a 180... most the older 180's look so dated. Stock for stock, the performance will be similar. and most the 180's have tacky interiors (unless they have gone custom). It comes down to a Turbo 4 Vs Turbo 6.....

Sumo

well basically if you like a big comfy cruising car and a nice interior go for the r33 skyline, but if you like a more basic interior and you want performance more then anything go for the 180sx.... both are very nice cars respectively...

so if i was you i owuld be test driving each of them and decide on which one you want...

15k territory is r32 land...

On average speaking... 15k u could get an auto 33 ... or a n/a, unless your lucky ...really depends if u can wait for the right bargain.

If my budget was 15k id buy a 180...or if you can find a "nice" 33 for that price be wary of the car (get it checked out, compression test etc) and go the 33 instead.

i bought a 95 r33 gtst

my mate bought a 96 180sx

he has regretted not buying a skyline so badly, 4 cylender sux hard YOU have nothing untill turbo comes on.

Skyline dominates it in torq. up hills 180 never has a chance.

and my mate still hasnt beaten me in a drag. 6 nill.

Skyline looks better + 4 std weels r gay limeted options if u wanna put mags on and that.

Skyline has much better street presence.

o also sound heaps btter!

i think 180's are crap. just my opnions

One question.. Do you plan on modifying this car in the future?

The 180SXs are much lighter than the R33s. Their qtr mile is similar but i think the 180sx is slightly faster.

If you going to get a 180sx get the series 2 model with the SR20DET instead of the CA18, the sr20 puts out both more Kws and torque.

Id rather an R33 over a 180sx anyday. The RB25DET is a beast waiting to be unleashed, its an excellent motor with heaps of potential. It has good power even while stock

You also have 4 seats instead of 2 with the skyline, they have a nicer interior.

You'd get more car for your money if you were to buy a skyline.

yeh in my opinoin the 180 looks better, but the line has a presence on the road that a screen cant justify, esp if they are modded

well 4 that price u could get an awsome 180 or a shite line

id b goin 180 but just me :P

both are very nice cars, takem 4 a drive first thow

Wow! Thank you guy's so much for your responce. It means alot.

I have decided to up the anti a little and get a bigger loan. So all in all i'll have around 25 k to spend. (Figgerd what the hay.) I think i'll persue a 95 Gts-t R33. The same as the one pictured. What kinda condition will I find at that price?(Thank god for parents when it comes to insurence!) That's not the gts-4 model is it?

And yes I do plan to mod it when I gain better driving skill's and can afford to do so. So the first mods will be for looks only. I'm thinking 18 inch, dark gold, thick six spoke mags First off. (AS SHOWN) Then a body kit of some type? Any idea's? Then move on to tint, Springs, ect. So what do these big suckers handle like (stock)? And what will I need to get 350kw when it comes time?

Thank you so much again. Later

An extra $10,000.00 is a fair bit to have hanging over you when you're only 17.

I'd take the 180SX for $15,000.00 and then move on to an R33 (or even an R34) when you can afford it.

As soon as you get your car, you're going to want to spend money on it (mods, maintenance, etc) - so you don't want all your cash tied up in repayments.

Good choice on leaning towards the line imo, it will pay off in the end with hours upon hours and days upon days of satisfaction. Now regarding body kits, if u do end up getting one such as the one u posted a pic of then personally i dont think it needs a new kit. however a new front end such as a gtr style front end or a 400R front end is a good choice, as it the side skirts and rear quarter panels that are a neceassary so its in proportion. if its a early series 1 then the integrated factory stock spoiler looks great with the mentioned aftermarkets. Or u could just go somehting like a full 400r kit (looks alrite also). definately get some new 18's for looks also and it will give u a helluva lotter grip. then i could go to the next type of mods but i would be here forever, but if ur budget is up to 25K then u could get one with a kit and a fair bit of goodies under the bonnet anyway, so ur future is looking bright

oh ur only 17, i didnt c that. insurance will be definitely over 3K. At 18 nrma quoted me 5K for full comprehensive, other such as just car are up to 2K cheaper.

You could go 4 third party (inclusive of theft and stuff) and it will be alot cheaper. Insurance is always the problem with these lovely cars....damn premiums

I will definetly look into those kit's thanks. Yet to look into insurance though. (dad's gunna cover me) Im in the position where i can get relativly cheap mods for it when it comes time and if i do end up spending the 25 k it'll be on a car (R33) that will see me through my "hooning" years. So providing i stick to my morals and not drive like a dick head it should be worth it right?