SAU Community

Blowing Turbo Gaskets

gldwgn

just blown my second turbo flange gasket in a about a year, engine is a rb25det neo running 18psi on a gt3082 on a standard manifold with a 12mm spacer.

Haven't measured backpressure but exhaust seems pretty free flowing and the engine revs through to redline quite quickly under load.

I'm still running a standard bov and has a bit of a dose at times, could the turbo be creating excess backpressure when dosing and would a bigger bov help reduce this?

or is this just a common thing and not really a problem when running higher boost?

post-71664-0-94094100-1383739377_thumb.png

never got surfaces checked last time as didn't really have the time to send the turbo away, theres no flex sections in the exhaust but the front pipe is braced to the transmission.

after going over everything i have found the bov recirc pipe with a big split in it so there has probably been a lot of unmetered air going into the engine, maybe that has caused some high egt's which wouldn't help.

might try getting the surfaces machined and new genuine gasket and see how it goes