SAU Community

Brant Nemesis Feedback

I have a nemesis in my car, and overall I'm happy with it. I don't stress about the car when leaving it somewhere, but then I never really did, and besides, I live in Canberra (lower risk)

Positives:

* Had good service from Brant pre- and post- install

* Professional and helpful installer who went out of his way to do some extra things I wanted done, without charging extra

* System is pretty comprehensive, I doubt it any opportunist or amateur is going to get my car, and although a pro with a flatbed will, the car will at least attract some attention to itself

* The flashing illuminated keypad gets positive comments :-)

Negatives:

* If you get the starting sequence wrong, either the car won't start (not so bad) or the alarm will go off loudly, which is both painful and embarrassing

* Leaving the car with mechanics/friends can be a PITA - there is a "valet mode" so they don't need the PIN for 10 starts, but in my system it doesn't always work, and I have had phonecalls for help because the car is stranded and the alarm is sounding

* Once (in 6 months) the alarm has gone off with no obvious trigger, although of course I can't rule out the car being bumped by passers by.

Hope that helps. Do you have any particular questions about the system?

Brant stuff is ok. It is mildly overhyped but you get a discount if you're a club member.

I think the Nemesis is a bit overkill and the AA model (3 immobilizers and no keypad) is enough for an R33 GTSt...

I would maybe shop around a bit more first. My 2c.

I have a Brant but not that one, not sure which one. I find it arms itself very quickly so if I unlock the car then put some stuff in the boot, then get in and try to start it the alarm goes off. Very annoying/painful/embarrassing. I would suppose this could be adjusted at install though.

The shooter runs out of battery really quickly and sometimes you can press it 20 times before it works.

I had the Brant Nemsis installed into my GTR one week after I got it from compliance. Call me paranoid. It seems pretty comprehensive which should scare off most potential theives. I got the tilt sensor and the auto window wind up installed on mine also. I always leave the keypad on manual mode so its only activated when I want it to be, saves the hassels with mechanics and stuff. I have found it good so far, but as its the first auto arm alarm I have had it took a little getting used to, and caused a few dumb moments. The siren is damn lound from inside the cabin!

Hmmm, sounds like a very decent alarm system. It will be getting fitted to a GTST so i guess that sorta helps out abit since you guys have GTR'S and using the same system. Also was wondering how loud the sirens are, both internal and external? Is internal actually louder than external?

Do you guys also run other forms of deterants on your cars other than the Nemesis such as steering wheel locks, or even wheel clamps?

Just wondering bambinator: What sort of extras can they put in the alarm? Just kill switches etc?

Dont worry jlnewton, im pretty paranoid too about parking this thing!!! The car will be parked in a westfield shopping center which is a multi story car park, I doubt tilt trays can get into these things as most of them have a height limit of 2m

I dont get whats wrong with my Viper 550 ESP with motion sensor? It only cost $700 and has quite a few immobilisation points plus heaps of optional extras.

If i'm paying over $1k i want GPS tracking.

pentae: nothings wrong with your alarm, im open to suggestions and thoughts on what sought of alarms to use, however im leaning more towards the brant mainly due to the keypad start and 6 point imobolisation. I just wanted some feedback on this alarm, and what peoples thoughts were, especially from current users of this system. I just dont want to have to come back to an empty parking spot.

Also wondering for those Nemesis owners, may seem like stupid question for a $1k alarm, but it does have back up battery right? Cant find anything that states that on Brants website, but you guys can probably back it up.

Cheers :)

Yeah it has a backup battery, changed the battery on my car just recently, so tested that first hand. The only other thing I use are locknuts for my wheels, although with the tilt sensor its probably not necessary. The biggest thing for me was having a 3point imob. on the keyless entry and then having another 3 point imob via the keypad. Even if some one steals my keys they are still going to have a hard time getting my car.

And being a surveyor who works with GPS often I can see many flaws in the GPS tracking system. It would be great in the wide open spaces of the sea on a boat, in the air on planes but in the urban jungle on the ground I really can't see it being that effective. Just my personal opinion.

The siren is lound inside and out, just when you are in an enclosed car with no escape its damn loud, really gets into your head.

I use the brant plus every other thing i can stick on.

Good lock nuts, good steering club lock, mobile phone alert (same as mentioned in another thread - dials my mobile when alarm is activated). If I owned my own house I would install those retractable metal poles in my garage as well.

Defence in depth.

Thanks for the response guys, seems like a pretty good alarm to go for in that case. I will also be using lock nuts and will be getting the tilt sensor, as Brant have a sale on at the moment.

Just wondering jlnewton & sewid, do you use your lines as a daily driver? No harms parking in shopping centres or on the street? Just curious as mine will probably become my daily driver and will be parked at shopping centers with multi level car parking, and sometimes on the street.

Cheers

They didn't so much as install extras as do things in a particular way I wanted, for example keypad location, boot release,window lifts, tilt sensor, turbo timer, etc. As jlnewton said, it does have a backup battery - my battery went flat and you'll find as the voltage in your main battery goes down, the alarm senses this and starts to sound the internal screamer (which is still loud enough to be heard outside the car, inside a nearby building). My car is a daily driver, I have confidence in finding the car where I left it, although I still try to park somewhere where a tilt-tray won't go.

Ah yes, forgot to mention that it works fine with my HKS Type 1 TT. My car is not a daily driver, but I take it everywhere on weekends and the biggest fear I have is losing my badges, I have been told to expect this to happen at some stage. But I have a 4dr coming in soon for my better half to use and it will be a daily driver and left in similar situations to yours Mr_G. It will be getting the same treatment.

Thanks heaps for the info guys, I really appreciate the time that you take in answering my queries about the alarm. Im going ahead with the alarm fitment as soon as the car comes back from compliance :D Will be taking advantage of the Brant sale, and getting the tilt sensor fitted, aswell as the motor in drivers door for central locking.

Like you said bambinator, just try to park where tilt-trays cant get to the car, ie multi storey car parks with low clearence..

Thanks heaps again guys, much appreciated