SAU Community

Bend Me Over Dickson

Just checked my letter box and I got a friendly notice from Dickson saying that there is a report that my number plates don't comply (the platic white and black ones they sell)

I have to present my car for a full inspection.

And it has to be in roadworthy condition so I need to put an urgent help out from anyone.

What I know I need currently.

-stock suspension

-stock rims and tires

-stock exhaust from cat back.

What I'll probably need to do.

-remove boost controller?

-paint rusted looking intercooler pipe.

-replace drivers side seat (has padding missing)

And who knows what else :(

Why does this have to happen before I get my 34

Any help would be appreciated.

So I only have one week because its actually 14 days that I have and the letter is dated 18th

What happens if you don't pass? Do they cancel your rego and you have to trailer it home?

Surely they can't just bin it right there and then. I'd guess maybe a 28day period to fix and retest. Just a guess.

Lunchbreak? Communicate with them.

put a seat cover because, they wont be able to see your seat as you will be sitting in the car whole time lol

fix whatever you can but you still going to get failed in the first go. they will find something wrong

Dont stress to much

Also why you looking for a stock suspension, they dont mind having coilovers in the car. (Mine passed with it)

whatever you going to get failed for just fix them as they will only look at what was written down as failed and need to be fixed in your 2nd visit.

I'm sure it's already been said, but if you don't pass you still have time to clear it - there's a further number of weeks between the date the defect need to be cleared and when they cancel your rego.

Honestly I wouldn't stress. You'll have your new car by the time you get this one into roadworthy condition lol

Hey pattey ill come pick up the stock suspension off you on Monday after work as well if that's cool?

At the same time you could check it out for me.

Pretty sure coilovers need to be engineered right?

I'll go pick car seat covers up as well soon.

Nope - the guy at Dicko said I can either put proper coilovers or revert back to stock (I had R33 Coilovers in the rear). They just need to be legal height.

But yeah - you don't get out of your car - they do open your door to read the plates on your driver side door so just whack on a seat cover - you will need 3x child restraints. They DO check to see if it is correctly installed.

I can't offer anything but my recent experience with them :( so here is a hug- :3some: