SAU Community

Formula One 2014

Niki did the same thing to Bobby Rahal at Jaguar, came in as a consultant, told the Ford board that everything was being done wrong (even thought Rahal had managed to get Newey on board) ended up taking over the place and screwing it up.

LOL, that's the first thing I thought of when I read he was getting involved at Mercedes.

I think it was a question that Brawn wanted control, not design/management by committee without overall governance.

For the same reason he told Merc to shove it I cant see him ending up at McLaren. They simply have too much politics and the reality is he didnt like the Honda way of going racing either. I have read he found it very frustrating.

So ... lol that means he will go to Williams...he will, he will, he will...I hope

Well, personally I think Williams are going to spring a rather large surprise this year.

They have been heavily involved with the development of the Audi Le Mans hybrid tech and this year they have Mercedes engines. So combine a good V6 with their know how of getting ERS to perform in a 24hr race etc and the use of KERS for 30 seconds a lap now...well I think Williams will be very strong in this area. Combined with Symonds who is no dummy....and I think Bottas is a good thing and hopefuilly Massa can push his development along.

II personally am expecting Williams to do a '13 Lotus! So Brawn would be wise to jump on board...he will get all the control he needs/wants. He wont even have to travel to every race.

Well, personally I think Williams are going to spring a rather large surprise this year.

They have been heavily involved with the development of the Audi Le Mans hybrid tech and this year they have Mercedes engines. So combine a good V6 with their know how of getting ERS to perform in a 24hr race etc and the use of KERS for 30 seconds a lap now...well I think Williams will be very strong in this area. Combined with Symonds who is no dummy....and I think Bottas is a good thing and hopefuilly Massa can push his development along.

II personally am expecting Williams to do a '13 Lotus! So Brawn would be wise to jump on board...he will get all the control he needs/wants. He wont even have to travel to every race.

"This is my year" - David Coulthard Williams F1 Team.

I dont expect Williams to be front running this year. Fair enough they know alot about the KERS/ERS technology, but there are alot of smart minds at the other teams. Aero is and has been where its at. This year they will need to find even more loop holes to get that little bit extra out of the car.

I have nothing against Williams, but I don't expect them to bounce back TOO much this year. 2015 might be more their year

So since Dennis thinks winning is so easy lets see him start with getting some sponsors. I wonder who their new title sponsor is? They have just released their 2014 Team Merch and it is plan old McLaren with some Mobil and Mercedes signage. Obviously no Vodafone.....and interesting nobody else. You would think if they had a new big sponsr they woudl find their way onto their 2014 merch

Forget Heikki....he is solid at best with questionable pace. He didnt cover himself in glory at Lotus by even doing a solid job with them. Was a tough ask to step in to the team, but he probably performed under even moderate expectations.

Kobi is a waaaay better bet and is not confirmed. A bit disappointed McLaren didnt pony up with the cash to give Vandoorne the seat Caterham give Frijns a go...but oh well

So since Dennis thinks winning is so easy lets see him start with getting some sponsors. I wonder who their new title sponsor is? They have just released their 2014 Team Merch and it is plan old McLaren with some Mobil and Mercedes signage. Obviously no Vodafone.....and interesting nobody else. You would think if they had a new big sponsr they woudl find their way onto their 2014 merch

I'm sure I read that they were supposed to announce their new title sponsor in december, but that never happened.

Maybe something fell through due to their crappy season