SAU Community

Formula One 2014

I like the sound. The V10s were great, the V8s ok , generally just LOUD. The exhaust blown diffuser made them pop and sound cool on trailing throttle. The new V6s have different pitches through the rev range and different octaves....i like the layers. And they are not pulling max revs yet. Love the sound of them into braking areas

Oh, and RENAULT ARE UP TH DUFF! So glad Williams went Mercedes. RBR are going to struggle for a while and poor Dan in the deep end. Half a lap after being delayed something like 3 hours and pulls over with smoke billowing from it a few corners after leaving pits :(

Sniff Petrol has exclusively gleaned further details about the controversial points system changes for the 2014 F1 season and the alterations are more complicated than first expected.

Alongside the already contentious decision to award double points at the last race, an FIA source confirmed that the new scoring system will award half points at the first race, one third points at the third race and some old shit Bernies made up in desperation at other races during the season.

Although exact details have yet to be released, its believed that at the Monaco GP all points will have a zero added to the end to reflect what happens to bar prices when the F1 fans arrive in town, at the US race there will be a wall of points and the top three will score according to which number they can hit with their podium Champagne corks, while for the Spanish Grand Prix all available points will be awarded directly to any TV viewers who can stay awake to the end.

Finally, at the new Russian Grand Prix the top ten drivers will be awarded the same number of points as their newly chosen racing numbers. Awww, shit, said Daniel Ricciardo. What!? shouted Adrian Sutil. Oh, I see. Great! he added, slowly putting down the glass.

The new points system is now certain following this weeks meeting of team bosses at which everyone was shown a picture of some money and told to keep their f**king mouths shut. Probably

I like how one of the advertising billboards over the track is for Oscar Meyer Wieners, one of the smaller teams should have made a pitch to them for sponsorship of the proboscis.