SAU Community

www.xe.com - anyone used the money wire services?

hey SAU brethren!

i always use www.xe.com to check exchange rates, like i'm sure quite a few of you do as well. But has anyone used the new service they've got that allows you to wire money to other accounts?

I've still got some Japanese payments for the car left. And with the Aussie dollar going backwards, and then the banks taking a further 2 yen less than the actually rate when you do a telegraphic transfer, it looks pretty good to use the xe.com service. The exchange rate that you get for the transfer is pretty much the same as the actual exchange rate. No commission etc...

So if anyone has use it, i'd like to hear how it went. Could be quite handy when buying things from japan, yahoo auctions, etc. Or any o.s. stuff. Looks like you can skip the banks "reduced" exchange rate.

cheers

Netbank doesn't allow you to transfer overseas yet as far as I know..

I was recommended ozforex.com.au by my import agent and I've used it several times. Rates seem to be pretty good compared to the banks, but they do have a minimum transfer amount..

As for the XE service, haven't used that yet. Had a quick look and I guess it looks ok.

Thanks razor, i'll have a look at ozforex.com.au - my import agent told me that they've used xe.com before, but sometimes money "disappeared" in transit, never to be seen again :cheers: - So i think i'll just stick to checking the exchange rate at xe.com

cheers guys!