SAU Community

Hey guys,

I thought I would start a dedicated thread for this question instead of hijacking my own build thread.

We are building a Sports Sedan and have an RB power plant we are building for 500+rwkw.

Question is...... Haltech or Motec?

Already have The Haltech PS2000 and Racepak Dash.

But some people have been saying go Motec at this stage.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

if money is no object go with the morec

other wise i would stick with the Haltech

thats what im using i find in excellent and pretty easy to use

the dash is impressive can follow all engine parimeters and it has a lap timer as well

I personally don't like motec because every time I have anything to do with them they give me the shits. But if you want to look to the future running fly buy wire throttle has a world of advantages over mechanical throttle. Motec will run this well haltec not. That's just one advantage. Motec will also work with haltec dash just takes a bit of work

Haltech have just announced a new ECU that has fly by wire support, but not sure if it does traction control. The motec has more features, but are they features that you are going to use? They will both control the engine the same

• 1 year later...

the single greatest advantage of a Motec, is they're exceptionally updateable.

my tuner bought his Motec in 2001, and he just gets an email from Motec saying updates are available, he says yes and gets them via email,

so his 15yo ECU is on par with a current M800

I would love a Motec, but can't justify the extra few thousand that is needed to go that way.

Edited by Burgz32

Hard to beat the Haltech Elite ECU in terms of features and they're quite affordable.

Long term fuel mapping is a nice touch for a daily driven car. Probably less useful on a race car though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do yourself a favor and look at KV8 EMTRON, we have just finished a Sports Sedan (recent championship winner) with one. Unrivalled input output count, real traction control and launch control not just a listed minimal feature. Its well known in serious motorsport circles as of late.

in built 3 axis accelerometer

dual CAN

on board dual 4.9 wideband

on board dual knock

fly by wire

auto blip

auto change etc

16 aux out

14 analogue inputs

12 digital inputs

Just an unbiased suggestion, we tune and fit everything with Haltech elite being my preferred solution for everything except full race stuff as it is not quite fully featured yet... give it a year or so and no doubt all the features will be released and it will be comparable. With the haltech you also dont have anywhere enough input outputs without buying a lot of expansion CAN products.

We are looking at EMTRON as the premium product that was reserved for MOTEC customers in the past... the EMTRON is fully featured out of the box so NO need to PAY to UNLOCK.

• Like 1