SAU Community

Can you drive a car without boost?

Hey,

Im looking at upgrading 2 a new car, and find myself looking for something with a turbo, i just cant bring myself to not be driving a turbo car, i use to be a fun fan on V8 but now after driving a r33 for over 6months i just dont want a v8 unless its got a turbo or 2 :)

Have u found that without boost a car isnt the same after driving a skyline for along time?

thanks Mike

drive an S2000 with the usual N/A mods (extractors, exhausts, CAI with CO2 cooling) and throttle bodies... you'll never wanna drive with boost again.

Yeh big call, and i agree... recently drove a Lotus Elise....ahhhhh throttle response, and went for a drive in a 5 spd VS 304 Ute, crisp throttle reponse is fun, just a different kind of fun....

Ive been thinking a lot about getting an old muscle car of late and before there was centrifugal blowers/turbos there was big cams or screw type superchargers :(

Doh!!!.... No boost till 6,000rpm.......then      Wham!.... rev limiter

Boost really hits about 4500-5000rpm with a T51R, the lag really isnt that bad considering the turbo size

Your talking to someone who drives a turbo (2 litre, thankyou very much..) silvia, and has thrashed many GTRs, a 350z (in USA, left hand drive) and many other cars..

Boost is the only way to go.

The 350z is a very boring drive acceleration wise, but is fun around corners.

Boost really hits about 4500-5000rpm with a T51R, the lag really isnt that bad considering the turbo size

....on a std engine you wont be getting 1bar of boost until after 5,500rpm.... still who cars about the lousy response, the noise they make spooling is worth the wait alone