SAU Community

Sau Vic Club Permit

blah_blah

And now I wish my car was 25 years old...

As far as I am aware you can still get defected on club rego

So the only real benefit I see going to this is the rego saving costs each year

Not much of an incentive I don't think :/

I'm sure the model of car is hugely important, but had a friend let loose a 7k rpm atmo bov clutch rev/drop directly infront of a HWP car in his club rego-ed car.... And got a thumbs up.

Car also had 1 muffler only and no cat, you can hear it from three blocks away,

I Practically had a mental break in the passenger seat

I'm sure the model of car is hugely important, but had a friend let loose a 7k rpm atmo bov clutch rev/drop directly infront of a HWP car in his club rego-ed car.... And got a thumbs up.

Car also had 1 muffler only and no cat, you can hear it from three blocks away,

I Practically had a mental break in the passenger seat

But... normal road rules and epa rules have nothing to do with club registration...

But... normal road rules and epa rules have nothing to do with club registration...

I could never find if the EPA applied or not, you see a lot of hot rodded cars on club reg that you know won't meet emissions, seemed like a grey area when I searched. This specific example was done as a 'hey it'll be fine he'll like it" which somehow did occur.

Same guy has also been pulled over for blasting up an onramp at WOT and given a thourough look over, bonnet open etc and ended up with a 'take it a bit easier mate' as the reprimand.

So who knows, maybe the hwp cbf with club rego'ed cars or I've witnessed the most unlikely of all events known to mankind.

Personally, I wouldn't believe me.

EPA completely sperate to rego.

so yeah they can do you...but weather the cops report you in one, different matter.

Same as doing stupid crap, they can still do you for that.

but yeah, they are going to give you some more leeway re defects

that said bald tires etc ie major safety things you can still be done.

We are pleased to announce that Skylines Australia Victoria is now an approved Car club to be registered in the Vic Roads Club Permit Scheme.

In order to implement the Club Permit for our members a few ground rules needed to be set to ensure that there is no abuse of the privilege, as any misuse will result in the entire club & its members being stripped of eligibility.

Conditions are as follows:

1. Be a SAU VIC Financial member for at least a year

2. Attence of 4 club events per year. A club event is defined as:
a. Deca
b. MS Championship
c. Show N Shine
d. Any members only events
3. No RWC required. However a club official (exec) will inspect the vehicle for:
a. occupant safety
b. pedestrian safety
c. noise
d. mechanically sound
e. suitability for vehicle to driven on the road
d. approvals will be at the discretion of the official (exec)
From VIC Roads:

Conditions of use

VicRoads may suspend or cancel a permit if the permit holder fails to comply with the permit conditions or engages in conduct which threatens public safety or undermines the integrity of the permit scheme.

• Club Permit vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward. Permit holders are not restricted to club sanctioned activities when using their vehicles.
  • The vehicle that is being driven on a valid Club Permit must be maintained in a manner which ensures that the vehicle is in a 'safe condition' for use on a highway.
  • A logbook must be carried in the vehicle, or on the rider (in the case of motorcycles), at all times the vehicle is in use. On each day of use, a logbook entry must be made prior to the vehicle being used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).
  • Ensure that the Club Permit number plate(s) and windscreen label as issued by VicRoads are correctly displayed on the vehicle at all times.

Applying for a club permit

To apply for a Club permit you will need to complete a Club Permit Application form together with:

For More information: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm

There may be some minor details so I will update this post or thread as we progress with the implementation

YESSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GLORIOUS CLUB REGO

• 2 weeks later...

I will be attending the round one of the motorsport sprint on 1st February. Am I able to get one of the Club Reps to look over my 32 GTR and give me an indication of acceptability for club permit. Its currently on rally plates but I want to get off them as they are too restricted.

cheers

Ev

Awesome, this has made my week.

I actually rang Shannons yesterday regarding this before I saw this thread and I was told I would save approx. $400/y on insurance alone if the car had club reg.

I was just about to send of application forms to Classic Skylines Australia because I thought club reg. may never happen through SAU, this is great news since I'd still be be much happier doing club events with SAU.

Can someone please clarify if the 25 year rule takes the build date into consideration?

If so, where is the build plate that states what month the car was built? I've got two plates I can find in my engine bay that, one silver tag with '609000HCR32066791'

the other blue plate says:

E-HCR32

HCR32-066791

RCR32GFSM GC

KG1 G

RB20DET 1998 cc

FS5W71C RC43

Not sure if any of this info refers to the build month.

Also,

Lets just say that someone with a 25yo skyline has had an RB25 conversion with all supporting upgrades that hasn't been engineered yet, but otherwise the car is in near perfect roadworthy condition (needs new rear discs), could it be put on club reg. without engineers certificate if it passes everything else?

Apologies if this has already been answered before in another thread?

Cheers,

Rob