SAU Community

Sklyine S2 Rb25Det Engine Problem

Ben r33 s2

Hey guys, need some help! went for a cruise up to the river and when i hit speed of 100 and over i noticed the engine started to back of a bit and i had to put my thought down on the pedal to keep it at the speed. something seem to be giving the engine a hard time. after driving it for 70k or so it went away. And was fine half way back on the trip home but then the problem started again. Don"t know a great deal about cars. thinking it could be a fuel pump issue other wise not sure wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned above there is a whole lot of things that could have the symptoms your car is showing mate. Personally I would start with a quick service and see how it goes. Change the oil, oil filter and spark plugs. Give the afm a bit of a clean out and see how that goes. Could be a simple as that or much more needs to be investigated.

Goodluck and hope its not too much of a headache in getting this issue resolved.

haha same sigh i had just few days ago and shaun at bootsworx fixed for me....first thing you can do take your AFM off clean it properly and then you have to cut open AFM and resolder all the joints in side.

Thats what shaun did for me and car touchwood fine since...