SAU Community

!!280kw rb25det!!

iv been speaking tosome shops bout getting my car on the move the aim is hi 11sec and bout 280rwkw

there are a number of different turbos that diff. places have recomended

they are as follows

hks 2835 pro (420hp internal)

t61 inovative turbo (600hp external)

t4 garrett (600hp external)

gt30 (600hp external)

trust t67 (550hp external)

in your oppinions what willget me the best value for money

also they all used diff ecu

autronic

hks fcon

microtech ltx12

apexi p fc

what do uz recon is my best bet

the car will be on stock internals until i get some more money togeather

and what do u think bout stock mainfold

anyhelp will b great

(iv got a similar post on -drag-)

thanks

If you're looking for around 280rwkw then an HKS 3037 would do the job quite nicely and have a bit of room to play with because it's around the biggest you'll get that can still have an internal gate and save money not buying the external seperately.

Would also go with the Power FC as there are a heap of good tuners around that won't have any troubles getting that sort of power at the wheels for you.

For those kind of figures you will definitely have to look at injectors and all the other upgrades to go with it but will be able to get away with stock cams.

I've got my internals just dropped in and am running a HKS 3037 with Power FC which will hopefully dynoed on friday to see what it will make (hoping for 280 - 300rwkw). When i get my figures i'll post them so there's another comparison for you. I wouldn't be expecting your internals to last for too long with that much power if they're still stock either.

Guest INASNT
If you're looking for around 280rwkw then an HKS 3037 would do the job quite nicely and have a bit of room to play with because it's around the biggest you'll get that can still have an internal gate and save money not buying the external seperately.

Would also go with the Power FC as there are a heap of good tuners around that won't have any troubles getting that sort of power at the wheels for you.

For those kind of figures you will definitely have to look at injectors and all the other upgrades to go with it but will be able to get away with stock cams.

I've got my internals just dropped in and am running a HKS 3037 with Power FC which will hopefully dynoed on friday to see what it will make (hoping for 280 - 300rwkw). When i get my figures i'll post them so there's another comparison for you. I wouldn't be expecting your internals to last for too long with that much power if they're still stock either.

yes what he said. I am using a GT30 garrett with external gate and at 1 bar with all the other goodies except internals it makes around 280rwkw at 1 bar (low boost setting). I do notice sometimes that on the pfc you get a knock reading of around 65 when giving it a hard time at the top of 3rd gear and u get the check engine light flash. So if you dont trash it 2 much ur engine should live awhile.

Easy way to get there - buy DoughBoys car, sell your car Will save you alot of money.

Grepins 2835 makes an easy 280rwkw, with boost in quite early compared to GT30 or 3037.

INASNT, have you posted up a copy of your dyno sheet yet? if not, why not?:P

Guest INASNT
Easy way to get there - buy DoughBoys car, sell your car  Will save you alot of money.

Grepins 2835 makes an easy 280rwkw, with boost in quite early compared to GT30 or 3037.

INASNT, have you posted up a copy of your dyno sheet yet?  if not, why not?:P

I have posted my 312rwkw run in the vic section before from autosalon dyno comp at 1.4 bar boost.

Me waits for the posts about not bothering to relocate the throttle body...

dido buy Doughboys car, it ran a 12 flat first go, and is running well under what a HKS 3040 /can produce...currently has 280rwks (about?)

If you want to run an 11sec 1/4 i wouldnt be getting a brass button puck clutch, and id be looking at putting aside some money for good mechanical diff and suspension mods

Hi docile33, suggestions follow;

*ECU

Power FC is good, allow for Z32 AFM

*Turbo

Garrtett GT3040 external gate :aroused:

*Exhaust manifold

The standard one has to go:thumbdwn:

*Cams

Tomei Pocams, work with VVT, don't need adj pulley. :)

*550cc inj and new fuel rail

OK, they will do the job :D

*044 pump

OK, plenty of capacity :(

*600x300x90 fmic

What type, B&P or T&F and what brand?

What size pipework?

*brass button clutch

Personally I wouldn't trust a single plate clutch to do an 11 in a GTST. Plus brass button centre is very agressive. I would look at an OS Giken twin plate. :aroused:

*hks / trust type r bov

Irrelevant

*dump pipe

What type, split of combined?

What diameter exhaust pipework?

*relocated throtle bory to front of plenum

Yuk, why? :spew:

*ebc

It's your money.

*later maybe forgies

If the tuning is not spot on, maybe earlier (not later) :Paranoid:

*Tyres