SAU Community

Getting Rb20 Tuned

I'm thinking of finally getting my r32gtst tuned and since my family is heading down to Perth in a month I wanted to book it in for then.

Currently on the car:

FMIC

Rb25 highflow turbo

Mbc

3.5inch catback

Before I tune what other mods should I get I'm chasing roughly 300whp.

Thinking of:

3 inch down and dump pipe.

EBC? What's a good/cheap one?

Injectors? Gtr ones with resistor pack or what else will drop in?

Bosh 040

Do I need a fpr?

Should I just ask the tuner to supply the nistune board or am I supposed to get that my self?

Also will the tuner be able to fit injectors/wire up resistor pack + fit nistune and tune the car in two full days?

Sorry for all the questions :)

3" inch downpipe and elbow will help yes.

Which actuator do you run on your turbo ? The RB20 one give more boost.

I never runned a standard turbo with 3in exhaust, but you should get 1 bar with a complet 3 inch exhaust.

That's what i was getting on my ca18 with the 3 inch turbo back exhaust and the standard actuator. The CA runs 0.7b stock just as the RB20.

The EBC is not needed if the actuator is beefy enough to get you to about 1b.

As for the injectors, the GTR ones needs the resistor and a "hack" job on the harness. Not a good solution IMHO. Not the one i would choose if it was my car.

I don't know about injectors dynamics, but deatschwerk and siemens have injectors that are drop in. You just need spacers on the fuel rail for the siemens ones.

The fuel pump is mandatory if you want to keep your engine happy and alive. The oem pump is quite old now, throwing high fuel pressure and bigger injectors at it will get you in trouble pretty quickly.

The walbro is a better flowing unit than the bosch 040 in the pressure range we use. And you might find one with an install kit for your R32.

The fpr is not needed.

For the nistune it depends of the tuner.

If you get it through him you can get some sort of warranty for installation and having the thing to work properly. It's always more comfortable if you work on something you've done. If I were you I'll get it through him.

But does he accept to work on it ? He might want to sell you a link or a haltech or anything else. Check with him before to get a quote.