SAU Community

Formula E 2014

I know they are quiet and very different,but this is the future guys.Just look how well the electric cars went at Pykes Peak last year and also the fastest electric drag bike isnt far off Top Fuel bike times.Anyone used a latest technology electric remote control car lately,yes they can beat the little petrol ones now.Wont be long until one can beat a petrol powered F1 car.Sorry guys its just the way it is.Electricity has huge amounts of potential power,we are just learning how to store at properly.

The problem I see is most people actually like that race fuel smell and the sight of flames flowing out the exhaust, exhust pops between gear changes, fuel catching on fire during pit stops etc etc. I wish these nobs with more money then sense would put more money into Hydrogen Based fuels and STOP dicking around with Electric Cars and the like.

With a world so dependant on Fossil Fuels which in turn is also used for Creating Electricity this just seems stupid. Reason why is if EVERYONE was to drive an Electric car the demand on Electricity will go throught the roof, more fossil fuels to be burnt to create more electricity to power all these Electric/Power demands. So saving the Earth from ZERO exhaust gases is pointless unless they can create a CLEAN or GREENER way of powering up these electric vehicles and better disposal of the batteries.

I may be totally wrong in my thoughts but thats just how I see it.

I know they are quiet and very different,but this is the future guys.Just look how well the electric cars went at Pykes Peak last year and also the fastest electric drag bike isnt far off Top Fuel bike times.Anyone used a latest technology electric remote control car lately,yes they can beat the little petrol ones now.Wont be long until one can beat a petrol powered F1 car.Sorry guys its just the way it is.Electricity has huge amounts of potential power,we are just learning how to store at properly.

My mate has one and the thing is ridiculously fast.. You can be going along at almost top speed for a long distance, then pin the throttle and the car will still stand up on the rear and flip itself lol

• 7 months later...

I watched a doco on it the other day, They are a bit more impressive then I thought they would be. Would watch if I had Fox Sports......

Can't be assed paying for the sports channels Formula E but

Their "Pit stop" involved jumping out of the car at lap 14, and getting in another blender to finish a 25 lap race.

Hardly enthralling entertainment.

Because batteries went flat?.....they should have a 24 hour race...he with the biggest battery charger wins....

Classy work from the other driver just to walk away without even looking to see if Nick was OK.

Can't believe he was able to clamber out and run after a shunt like that! Scary looking stack!

and that's the most exciting thing that will ever happen in F.E.

treaded tyres? FFS

Edited by hrd-hr30