SAU Community

Anyone Interested In Playing Some Gridiron?

gtr judd

Hey guys, we had our club registration to for Gridiron, Gungahlin Wildcats.

I thought I'd throw a post to see if anyone was interested in playing? Doesn't matter if your not too familiar, its a good source of fitness and a whole bunch of fun. We have a seniors team (18+), women's team and hopefully a juniors team (14-18)

The season doesn't start till the end of August but we start pre season training and position training in the next couple of months.

If anyone is interested or wanna know more just ask or pm.

Can I be a defensive line / Linemen and commit to no exercise? Just stand there and block. I've played Gridiron before very casually - back when I was light on my feet :P

Edited by RosieR34

For a new player its $500, they do offer a payment plan though.

So that covers: Club rego, insurance, all your gear (helmet, shoulder pads, tail bone/hip/thigh/knee pads), pants, jersey (has your surname, you get to keep it), a bag for your gear, mouth guard, training singlet and shorts, socks.

Pretty much all you do is turn up with boots

The club is also sponsored by Gould's Gym ($12 a week membership, no contract, welcome to join in all their classes, also 20% off supps) and also sponsored by a physio, she is there to strap us before games, help with injuries during the game, and there to asses our small injuries at our Monday night training a session aswell. Also discounted and priority for physio sessions.

And lastly we have a PT for warm ups and cool downs before every training session and game.

sounds like Jeremy may be the Quarterback

I'll ask my Son Matt.

He's up for Gridiron and follows the NFL (watches nearly every game during the season) but he may sign up on the Southside this yar

Edited by Sinista32

Sorry guys. Was busy at work. You can play for who ever you like, your training ground will be further away that's all.

All games are played at Greenway.

As for grades, its none lol. Juniors seniors and women's