SAU Community

Oil Temperature Gauge Install Options On Rb26

flavzz

Hey all, I have recently picked up an oil temp gauge which I want to install into my 260rs. It looks as if I have 2 options,

1. Use a sandwich plate and run the sensor from one of the ports

2. Plumb the sensor into where the existing oil pressure sensor is?

I understand option 1 but after searching option 2 I cant find any concrete info on how to do this, what adaptors I will need and where exactly the pressure sensor is. Unless I run an oil cooler I'd prefer not to use a sandwich plate

Surely plent of people have done this on an RB26 engine.

Any specific advice would be great, cheers

The oil pressure sensor thread is 1/8bsp most aftermarket gauges are 1/8npt. They are very close but definitely not the same.

You can just get a tee piece of original pressure gauge, on a neo it's on the thing the oil filter screws onto. on an rb30 is on the block just above the oil filter. Rb26 would be similar to one of them.

something like this is the easy way to do it at the standard temp sender location:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LMA-Oil-Pressure-Gauge-50mm-Long-T-Piece-Race-Rally-Motorsport-/310846011316?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&var=&hash=item485fddb7b4

Just check that there will be clearance for the fitting + the 2 senders down there.

It's generally easier to put in filter relocation kit with extra ports for senders, you get the benefit of a much easier to change filter as well! And easier plumbing for a oil cooler too

Cheers for the responses, looking at that last eBay link Duncan, it notes in the description that the T piece should not be used for an oil temperature gauge as it will result in an innacurate reading... If its a little off that fine but if its a long way off then its not worth it. Have you used this in the past with success?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salisbury-plain/engine-engine-parts-transmission/rb-trust-greddy-grex-oil-filter-relocation-/1036842314

Thats what I thought but its always worth asking what experiences people have had. I'll try track down a Greddy relocator kit and run the sensor from there.