SAU Community

Looking At A R33 Gtr

I guess I should qualify - I allow $150 /month for servicing costs over the year to cover all the things that might crop up. This includes the regular oils and fluids but also an allowance for all the stuff that a 15-20 year old car accumulates.....and which frankly I am not skilled enough to fix myself.

For example the clutch coil on my a/c compressor is on the way out (a common problem in an R32) - thats a $400 job the get done this year requiring an auto electrician.

I'd rather be conservative and realistic then to say "oh its only an oil and grease change every 6 months".

just my 2 c ;-)

Cheers

The Baron

I'm old enough to remember using a grease gun with all the flexible bits to get to those out-of-the-way grease nipples - lol

Fuel usage doesn't worry me, I had an ex ambulance GMC Sierra which was getting 500km out of 150L of diesel on the highway, which took 9L of oil for a service, had 2 alternators, 2 AC compressors and 3 batteries under the hood lol.

My first car cost me $2500 a year to insure, I priced up a 1995 GTR VSpec at $20K and it was going to be $2200 a year, not bad.

I can do my own oil/filter changes no worries.

Edited by Solid Snake