SAU Community

My R33 Gtr (Lzy33R) - Built Rb26/30

Hey guys,

My name is David, just thought I'd introduce myself and my car.

Have always had a love for R-chassis vehicles, I had previously owned a a fairly stock R32 GTST M spec

image.jpg
I had a few other run arounds afterwards that aren't really worth mentioning until I finally came to my senses and purchased my R33 GTR in August 2012, which I still have to this day.
29d8b988e84ee30d64ab824dabe7f67d.jpg
The car was fairly stock with just a few bolt ons, like splitfire coil packs, 3" exhaust and twin turbos that were suspected to have been rebuilt at some stage. The plan was to keep it in this state however that didn't last long.
Shortly after purchasing the car I bought a set of 18x10" work xd9 wheels.
6fa345f45ed43f60219e5afb05dcc3c0.jpg
Then purchased a set of Tein super street coilovers from a member on this forum.
3ea711518f6cf2d78c42896fbe22cc95.jpg
Although I wasn't overly satisfied with the car, I'm a very picky person and soon enough the bug for more power had come and something had to be done about it, so out came the motor..
image-11.jpg
At this point the engine bay was looking less desirable than before.
So while the engine bay was getting a make over, I had Sam from SMD Workshop start to build up an RB26/30 with some goodies..
image-10.jpg
IMG-20130629-WA0008.jpg
20130816_001741.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-8.jpg
image-6.jpg
image-5.jpg
image-4.jpg

Wanted to make the engine bay a little bit more presentable while the motor was out.

20130918_155753.jpg

20130918_155809.jpg

20130918_155815.jpg

20131014_181011.jpg

20131014_181007.jpg

And the motor assembled and completed

75e668ce8d89b371bd4debaa6b3d209c.jpg

6f6e57774cd796e88bd56fda0ce193ae.jpg

f05f24450dd468c061bc022c73d1522f.jpg

dcc3865766188f57cd43d1f7082a7cff.jpg

A few final touches needs to be done, I'm hoping to have the car back on the road very soon ;)

Any power results yet mate? Loving the whale, keep up the good work

The car made 392rwkw at 21psi two nights ago on the dyno with only the one Walbro in tank pump which is holding it back. I would say it is capable of making more power once i f**k off the walbro pump and do a proper fuel system with two pumps, surge tank etc

• Like 1

Looks good, well done!

Whose decision was it (and for what purpose) to ditch the ITB's in favour of the single TB or was your car already like that? Can't tell from the original piccies.

Thanks!

Was my mechanic's decision to do the single TB, he modified the factory plenum to fit the single TB onto it.

Edited by dave88

• 4 weeks later...

Looking pretty good Dave. I had an rb29 stroker in my R33 Gtr but it cracked my block so building the 26/30 now.

Did you have any trouble fitting the 26/30 into the R33 mate? As the rb30 has a higher deck.

Depends on the plenum, standard plenum or GReddy ones would be fine. Ive got a Plazmaman and it sits too high in the engine bay. Its a R33 GTST though

• Like 1

Looking pretty good Dave. I had an rb29 stroker in my R33 Gtr but it cracked my block so building the 26/30 now.

Did you have any trouble fitting the 26/30 into the R33 mate? As the rb30 has a higher deck.

Cheers mate, I didn't have any issues fitting the 26/30 into the engine bay off my 33, however if it was going into a 32 then you would run into some clearance issues.

Nice clean ride. Big power, what are you aiming for with the new fuel setup?

Plans for any track days?

Had a few dilemmas with the fuel setup after finishing the motor. Have recently fitted twin Bosch 044 pumps with surge tank and have not had any issues since. Ended up re-tuning it and made more power than the first dyno run ;)

I've entered for Powercruise Sydney, which will be the first event i will be taking the car to with the new motor setup

Edited by dave88

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, its been awhile since I posted up here...

So since I've had the car on the road after building the RB26/30, I've been having a few teething issues with my drive line..

Entered the car at Powercruise earlier during the year to only last one session during the Off street drags, had fried my O.S Geiken clutch.

After replacing the clutch, raced the car for very first time at Eastern Creek in April. Best time was a 11.4 (132mph) however had issues with the 4wd ATTESA system, car was only running in 2wd and so I couldn't get the power to the ground effectively.. needless to say I was running on just normal Yokohama street tread which wasn't helping with traction either.

IMG_162783931787344.jpg

Also had my car featured in a magazine, although I haven't been advised yet when its expected to come out.

2014-05-09123422.jpg

Since the car isn't daily driven it has been left on the side for some time but I'm hopeing to rectify my little teething issues and to get it back on the road again soon..

Edited by dave88

• 5 weeks later...

Went to WSID last night

10474739_725747650797894_879407306587800

And this happened..

10414639_725743610798298_913291604432147

Then I was asked politely to leave after doing this run..

10400768_725748570797802_264324025778084

Full street trim, on street tyres, no slicks, no trailer (drove to and from the track home)

• Like 2