SAU Community

Servicing Your V35 And V36 In New Zealand

Hi everyone in New Zealand, just thought I will check with everyone on where you usually send your car for service?

I have been sending mine to the Nissan dealerships in North Shore in the past but it's a bit too far away for me, so have tried the Nissan in Botany and the last service I did was in Nissan Manukau (new dealership who is currently sharing the workshop with Holden). They seems to do a pretty good job but price and the service included in a standard service varying slightly. The one at NS and Manukau tends to do just a standard service but the engine oil used is different. NS uses 10W40 as standard and upgrading to 5W30 requires additional cost while Manukau uses 5W30 as standard. The dealership in Botany charges abit more but included in the service is a result of the on-board computer diagnostic.

I have also sent my old v35 to Mag and Turbo. They claim that they know the car very well and even suggested that I upgrade the oil to 5W30. Their service was OK. They changed my brakepads once which causes the brake to squeal quite abit in the morning which they claim is normal when the brakes are cold although I am not entirely convince.

Anyway, reason for the post is just to see where everyone usually send their car for a service and how is the service in these workshops.

Thanks!

I have a PNM35 Stagea, which is effectively a 4WD V35 wagon, and I'll probably be doing all my own servicing, but just out of interest what are the dealerships charging you? It sounds like in Aussie they turn their noses up at imports but what are the NZ dealers like?

• 1 month later...

Hey Matt, so far the service cost at the dealership is pretty reasonable. Some dealership charges abit extra for the better 5W30 oil but the Nissan dealership in Manukau's standard service includes the 5W30 oil and is below $300. They also run a computer diagnostic on the car and gives me a report on anything.

hi im in nz napier to be exact i found local nissan dealership not very good at certain parts of service,i mean anyone can change oil etc but i asked for it to go on the consult macine,to check things out cost me 80.00 for consult only to be told later they treated my car as a stnd japan nissen (family type car) as they dont have anything about the 350, they didnt even offer 350z info....so id like to know where can you if needed get a true diagnostic...thnz

• 2 years later...