SAU Community

Symptoms Of Water In Fuel Tank?

IM-32-FK

What are some symptoms of having a bit of water in your fuel tank? I was pumping fuel and accidentally got some fuel around the fuel hole inside and underneath the fuel cap so while i was filling, i got some water and poured it around the fuel hole. I only realised my mistake after. Im a bit paranoid about these things, maybe some water went in the fuel tank. Does anybody know the sure sign symptoms that will occur immediately and over a short period of time?

speaking of which, my skyline is 22 years old, condensation would of formed in the fuel tank at some point. What are some products that will burn off the water and clean inside the fuel tank? I heard about drygas but cant find it anywhere. Are these products safe to use? WOULD YOU USE THEM ON YOUR GTR?

Misfiring and leaning out would be the main symptoms... Eventually your injectors will also get ruined.

Just go buy a bottle of octane booster/injector cleaner

I actually use injector cleaner every few months. Last time I used it was 2 month ago. Is it safe to use it every so often? I already used it three times in less than 6 months.

If you had a significant amount of water in the tank, it should have an almost immediate effect, since the water will sit in the bottom of the tank and get taken up by the pump. You probably have a small amount (if any). Toss a bottle of metho in the fuel tank - this will help dissolve any water into the petrol.