SAU Community

Engine Cutting Out. Not Overboost.

Tangleberry

Ok so ive got a problem with my r33 gtst. While driving along the motor will randomly cut out. It feels like the petrol is getting cut off because if I roll for a couple of seconds with the clutch out it restarts. So I changed the fuel pump (bastard job) for a high flow one and put a new fuel filter in. Still doing the same thing. Any other suggestions?

At first it only cut out above 3000rmp when coming on boost, checked all the vacuum lines etc, but then it started doing it under boost. Now it will do it under boost and it started cutting out afer a few minutes just sitting idling. Thats what made me think fuel.

Looks like I might have found the problem. While trying to jump start the car it threw a big spark across the fuel rail from the back of the injectors. Now I just have to isolate it.

Well that didn't work. :-( grrrrr. isolated the arcing and fixed the wiring there but the car is still cutting out after 2-3 minutes at idle. Can't even drive it to the mechanics to let them have a look at it. Running out of ideas. Is there anywhere else that could be blocking the line or something electrical that could be doing this? After cutting out I can't restart the motor straight away. It just keeps cranking over. But if I leave it for a couple of minutes it will re start.