SAU Community

Rb26 Running Rough As Guts

Hey guys,

Was driving the GTR around the other night and just as I came on boost the hose from the turbo manifold to the intercooler came straight off. I reattached it and clamped it back on but is still running like it wasnt reconnected, I had a look at the pfc hand controller and the air flow graph was all over the place and would eventually just stall

I disconnected the AFM, started the car and it instantly stalled. I reconnected them and tried starting it again, same as before I disconnected them.

Ive had a look at the cooler piping and all seems to look okay, as much as you can see through the bumper vents.

Could there be something wrong with the AAC valve or something a bit more serious?

Going to pull the front bar off and have a better look over the weekend, but any suggestions in the meantime would be a massive help!!

Cheers

An update on the situation...

I took the piping that popped off right off to see if the silicone split and there was no spliting. I shone a torch down to the intercooler inlet piping and to my misfortune there is a BUCKET TON of metal shavings.... Ohhhhh man..... Fml

I was hoping you'd say an intercooler pipe was rubbing and had worn.

one way to find out about the turbos. post a photo if you can take one. Hope your motor is okay

Im taking it down to allsparks performance later in the week to get Frank to go over it and provide me a better indication of what is going on.

Its doing similar stuff to when the first coilpack shit itself, but seeing those shaving really makes me worried. I dont know if.the previous owner had his turbos go and its just residual flakes from when they gave way and have just stuck to the blowby oil in the piping or what it is

Best case scenario, im up for some new coilpacks, worst case... You can imagine

• 2 weeks later...

So turns out, no blown turbo, THANK GOD! The "filings" was simply the reflection of the light reflecting off the ripples in the blowby off the silicone piping haha!!

Damien from G6 motorsport had it all day and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

He had a look at the spark plugs and they were disgustingly black.. Simply from when the cooler pipe popped off and the mixture in the cylinders not being what the computer was programmed for and fouled out 4 of the 6 plugs. New set of plugs and away she goes, back to normal!