SAU Community

R32 Gtr No Spark To Spark Plug Need Help!

Colejr

I have one of those cheap pocket oscilloscopes from eBay. Looks a bit like a toy (is actually in an mp3 player case but worked for what I needed)

Only used it to measure the dwell when I changed coils.

Also plugged it in to the cas and saw a nice signal from one wire but didn't go any further as I couldn't be bothered/didn't need to.

If I get a chance I want to take a photo of the cas signal for reference.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gtsboy yea I seen the prices but I might be able to rent one. It does seen a little to advanced for my inexperience, the thing is my car needs to pass safety before I can pull the motor or do anything drastic. I just need the motor to run fine for the inspection. Is it the low compression in that cylinder that's causing the misfire? The engine does have a loud tick now

Bick033 ok I'm going into town tomorrow and I will get one, I couldn't really put much time into the car today as that's all I've been working on all week, and this is my last few days off work and I will be gone away for awhile so I had to do some work around the acreage. I put the plug up agains the breather and couldn't see a spark, but I will go buy the oscilloscope tomorrow and try it

You know the cam covers are isolated by rubber and won't earth the plug, earth it on one of the bolts holding down the coil bracket

100 psi won't kill a cylinder, 20 likely would