SAU Community

Motogp 2014

The Honda is the clear number 1 bike... Rossi held the lead for half the race on the number 2 bike, and managed to keep Marquez behind him under pressure without making a mistake. He also started 5th on the grid..

And they hardly 'walked away' from him, he was only around a second behind

• 4 weeks later...

9 on the trot now

Starting from pit lane, in horrible conditions, with a team mate who excels here, in his second year on the bike amazing

If you take Lorenzo out of the 2013 race results, he would have won almost all the remaining races That's just unbelievable.

I'd be shocked if (excluding accidents) he loses more than twice for the rest of the year Who has dominated like this? in their second year?!?! Love this kid

Edited by ctjet

• 1 month later...

I've rented houses, stayed in caravan parks, even flown down on the day & hired cars.

If there's a few of you; renting a holiday house on the island can be pretty good value.

Went down with 5 mates for WSBK; rented a 5 bedroom house for 5 days, cost us $250 each. Walking distance to Cowes, either a bus ride or a short ride to the circuit.

Dependent on whether you plan to drink at the circuit.

Look on Stayz.com or lastminute.com, they aren't hard to find. Obviously as the time approaches choices become more limited.

It's loads of fun; being up close and seeing those guys run deep into turn 1 is pretty epic.
The noise of the MotoGP bikes up close is indescribable; not like Top Fuel for example, but pretty awesome.

As an event, I prefer WSBK; it's waaay more laidback, and bike riders get special treatment at the circuit (you can ride your bike around inside; even parking close to spectator areas) on Friday & Saturday; you can ride you bike right up to the fenceline.
Whereas at MotoGP, you get treated like every other mutt, and have to park outside and walk around inside. Everything is much more serious, and geared to the corporate side.

Obviously MotoGP draws a much bigger crowd over the weekend, so it would be more difficult logistically, but the vibe at WSBK is much nicer.

Do yourself a favour & get down to Isola restaurant in Cowes if you can; all the Italian teams eat there, so you can potentially be rubbing shoulders with the riders.
Fantastic food, great prices, top atmosphere, not pretentious at all. The wait staff weren't too shabby when we were there too...

Get down there; you won't regret it. ;)

Wish I was going down, but I'll be there for WSBK next year.

• 2 weeks later...

FORZA VALE!!!!!!!!!

This is one race Marquez more than likely would not have won anyway, he was pushing well past the limit of the Honda at this track to even stay with Rossi

A well deserved win for Rossi, and what better place to do it...For the home crowd and for Simoncelli

• 2 weeks later...

A few big offs, Iannone, Rossi and Pedrosa.. No idea why Marquez stayed out so long, but I guess he thought the rain would clear and the 40 seconds lost swapping bikes wasn't worth it if he could just cruise around for a few laps...

• 2 weeks later...