SAU Community

Nulon Nationals

crashdown

What a great day had an absolute ball

Well done to all the guys who competed unlucky with the weather, surprised myself with that time hahaha

Big thanks to the guys that made the trip up to come and show support for the club really appreciate the support

Can't wait for the next one!!!

Great vids keep them coming!!

Great day watching some pretty damn impressive machinery; had pretty much every kind of weather except snow today!

Seeing the cars belt up the hill through T2 & T3 was spectacular!

Saw a bloody epic launch from you before the rain set in Nick; great stuff. ;)

Well done to all the competitors & organisational staff; and to everyone who came out for the day.

The highlights for me had to be the Blown XY that you could hear from everywhere as it slid it's way up the hill; and the Aurion V6 powered AE86 that drifted the course quicker than some cars were driving normally.
That & the Green Clubsport with the side exit. epic boganmobile.

Took vids...

* from turn 3

* of launches from behind

* of launches from in front

Well done guys!

This old fellah has to drop off minidisk to Eric as I forgot yesterday.

Talking about old phogies I counted at least a dozen older than me yesterday. Boy did I feel good!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for heading up to support the club team today.

It was a great event, shame it finished a bit early due to the big storm. Lots of quick cars although some of the fancy time attack did not end up at the pointy end of the field.

1st was heafy's evo, 2nd fernance evo, 3rd mckinnon.

Our guys came home:

Nick 8th 41.24

Brian 11th 42.32

Matt 30th 46.63

Me 32nd 46.75

Maurice 41st 51.38

Well done for everyone giving it a go in tricky conditions, and from me particular thanks to Neil for handing over Cheryl's keys when I couldn't get ready in time.

And most of all, good on Nulon for putting this event together, looking forward to the next round at wake on 4 July

Was crap conditions and a shame we only got 1 sighting lap and 2 wet runs BUT it was still great fun and great to hang out with you guys! We enjoyed it!

Where else can you rip an epic skid next to a HWP car :O lol

Yes, was a shame that too few got dry runs. The field might have changed if that had happened.

I am pretty damn sure it would have changed the day... I guess it was just pot luck! Group 1 had the better luck for the first run but Group 2 definitely had the advantage for the 3rd and final run! Luckily we had the Guru Nick running in the opposite group :yes: I would have had another crack in the wet if they had let us but they called it a day :(

Big thanks for Nulon for putting the event on, shame I never got a quick dry run, my very first run in the dry was the quickest while still finding where the road went, next two run had a wet track which was a bugger, But ready to go for next year now I know the track :)

Yep my first run was the quickest time of the day too which was a bit sad as i was cruising and lost lol

The quickest speed of the day was on the 3rd run...

I was looking forward to the 35 giving the Evos a run for their money :D Oh well i am sure you will at Wakie ;)

Nice work Ciaron! Apart from that fat basterd in the pic :P

Nicks car is looking tough!

I can't believe you'd talk about Eric like that... :whistling:

More Photos

13679752624_bd24d988e3_o.jpg

Awesome shots Ciaron; love the attitude in this one!

• Like 1

I can't believe you'd talk about Eric like that... :whistling:

Awesome shots Ciaron; love the attitude in this one!

Hahahaha!!!

The worst part about that image is its meant to be a straight line! I cant even manage that :P