SAU Community

Vipec Plug In

Adz2332

Hey all,

My tuner has recommended the Vipec Plug in Ecu model number VPNG.

I dont know much about these ecu's. What are peoples thoughts on these?

Will be running around 350 - 400kws on e85. rb25 r33.

these use the standard ecu casing?

Do they have any external read out capability? ie like the power fc?

I havent been able to get a price on these yet, but what are they roughly worth?

thanks

Vipec are good, I have a Link which is near enough as makes no difference to the same thing. Better than the Power FC I had before

You can buy displays for them, but they are much larger then the PFC hand controller.

Price wise, best to shop around. To get the ECU plus any sensors etc and the expansion harness (which I recommend getting) you'll probably be between $1500-$2000. I'm not completely up to date with the Vipec, but I know they have added something to there new units which might include a bigger internal MAP sensor. Not 100% but, best to ask your local/nearest Vipec dealer anyway to give you a price on everything you will need

Yes it does use the standard ECU casing

What do people recommend for read out just like the power fc

A laptop.

Once you move away from a power FC with the hand controller, you won't worry about that pest of a thing.

Yeah I thought id miss it but I dont really miss it at all. Also from what I can find only the links have the attatchable display so I wouldnt stress too much about it. Will be fine

If your tuner recommends them, does he sell them?

understandably tuners get annoyed when they recommend something,just so you go and buy it elsewhere to save a few bucks.

I dont look at the pfc screen now than i have all defi gauges with programmable warning lights and sounds, would love to change ecu in the future

Yeah and the plus woth a vipec/link is that you can use an input for a temperature or pressure input to bring up a warning or make the ECU behave in a certain way.

I have my bare essiantial gauges and I dont even think about the stuff I used to have up on the power fc, and as others have said you wont have much time to look on the track and would be better off the information being sent to the ECU because it will react alot quicker anyway

Seriously get a haltech, had a vipec plug in in my gtr had problems with it and there was no one around to help! ie tech support.

Who sold it to you? You can get support from Link factory by phone or email.

Who sold it to you? You can get support from Link factory by phone or email.

Yeah I don't understand, I know Link have great support and their own Forum. Not sure about Vipec but nearly everything on the Link can be applied to the Vipec. They are basically the same ECU

I have never been happier then I am now with the Link, its been great so far

Thanks guys.

Na my tuner doesn't sell anything really. Which I like as he doesn't push you into things because he sells it. Rather what he thinks is best for your application.

The link stuff looks great. Ill have a decent look at it today at work.

I liked the power fc for at the end of runs, drags etc you could see there and then the top speed, rpm, knock etc

The difference lies mainly in the tuning software. I think the ECU's themselves are pretty much the same. The Vipec has a thing called mixture map which my tuner says is the best thing about the vipec compared to the link. This is only a tuning thing but, no effect on the way it behaves when driving

Ah fair enough! Seeing as the tuner suggested Vipec im guessing hes most comfortable using it so wont go away from that then

Do the VIPEC plug n play ones im looking at, for later on, allow like a stack dash to be used etc?