SAU Community

Vipec Plug In

Adz2332

Yep that was Sub boy - a fellow Skylines Downunder member who lives near the Link factory. I would trust him but fair enough if you don't want to.

No disrespect meant by it. just have been burned before with money and the internet. Least if its in aus i can go see them ;)

Yep that was Sub boy - a fellow Skylines Downunder member who lives near the Link factory. I would trust him but fair enough if you don't want to.

Oh right - he's a good man, I believe he works for NZEFI who actually are a reputable Kiwi company

New Zealanders are dodgy and paranoid.

;)

:pirate: Arrrr!

I've never used a Link/ViPec so I can't comment :)

I've used, tuned nistune/haltech/adaptronic/powerfc

But Lithium swears by them and I trust his judgement.

Refer to above quote, hahaha ;) But yeah, I've only tuned PowerFC, ViPEC and Link out of that list and the Link/ViPEC are really nice to use and it seems they are in a development phase post G4+ release.... I suspect the G4+ base (ie, ViPECs too) is going to get better and better with coming firmware updates.

No point over doing what you are getting if it costs a lot more, you don't have much to spend, and you aren't going to use the features - but IMHO an ECU like this is a one time purchase so you may as well do it right the first time... as it can be a pain feeling held back if you decide you could have done with more.

$800!!!!! is there any other way to feed input to the VIPEC using the factory knock sensors? cant see why it doesn't use them if they exist on the car?

i am not paying $800 for knock sensor input

$800!!!!! is there any other way to feed input to the VIPEC using the factory knock sensors? cant see why it doesn't use them if they exist on the car?

i am not paying $800 for knock sensor input

You're not paying for the input you're paying for the ability to analyse the input - other similar products are $1000 or more.

If you want a cheaper product this is less than 1/3 the price:

http://www.linkecu.com/products/TuningTools/knocklink_g4