SAU Community

Vipec Plug In

Adz2332

Does Vipec still make the plugin for R32/R33/R34? I spoke to my local tuner and he said that Vipec have discontinued the plugins (still make them for BMW, Volkswagen etc) and they are now branded as Link G4+.

Somewhat related to the discussion above is that I believe the Link G4+ now has OBD2 interface which means you should be able to sync it with apps such as "Torque Pro" to get yourself a pretty cool readout if used in conjunction with an Android tablet or similar.

has anyone done this??

seems ideal!

best ive seen for the Link G4+ plug n play is $2099

question is, do you actually need all the features that a Link G4 OR ViPec OR Haltech has to offer?

something like a cheapie Adaptronic Select would do the trick for most of your needs.

This is 2014 not 1860 - they have airplanes now - you could have it in 3 - 5 days!!!

Haha i meant more like, i dont like sending cash to people i dont know or non-companies. At least if i do it in Aus someone knows someone and i can chase the cash.

question is, do you actually need all the features that a Link G4 OR ViPec OR Haltech has to offer?

something like a cheapie Adaptronic Select would do the trick for most of your needs.

Honestly im not technically minded. i just sat down and talked over my plans with the track car and the other parts and goals i had and that is what they suggested / recommended. and they dont sell parts so its not recommended to get a commission or anything

If you're just running E85 all day, making 350kW for the track.. a cheapy Adaptronic would fit the bill...

Does everything from closed loop ignition (retard timing on knock) to full closed loop fuel correction using a wideband O2.. even has support for flex sensors/launch control/anti lag

Not to mention it's local/cheap/good support.. just the software looks ugly as my butt but if you know what you're doing it's a piece of piss :)

If you're just running E85 all day, making 350kW for the track.. a cheapy Adaptronic would fit the bill...

Does everything from closed loop ignition (retard timing on knock) to full closed loop fuel correction using a wideband O2.. even has support for flex sensors/launch control/anti lag

Not to mention it's local/cheap/good support.. just the software looks ugly as my butt but if you know what you're doing it's a piece of piss :)

Yer E85 is the go and around 400kws...

Interesting. Thanks for that.

Ill give the tuner a buzz and see what he thinks. or if there are any reasons for/ against tec

I'll list out a few cons however I still use it because of the value.

• software is ugly, doesn't scale properly on a standard non full HD screen
  • doesn't have AFR/knock/injection duty/etc overlays vs. load points
  • USB port is flimsy, I snapped mine off had to resolder it back on
  • not full sequential, on a 6 cylinder it runs as semi sequential injections/semi batch firing (pairing 2 at a time)
  • once in a while it decides to write erroneous values to your ignition table
  • base maps are horrible, you really need to spend time on it to get it to idle, drive normally

however, once you sort out those small idiosyncrasies it works like any other ECU and the support is from the man himself unlike bigger brands they would just brush you off. Andy replies to e-mails at any hour of the day and weekends when he has the chance.. so thumbs up there!

I'll list out a few cons however I still use it because of the value.

• software is ugly, doesn't scale properly on a standard non full HD screen
  • doesn't have AFR/knock/injection duty/etc overlays vs. load points
  • USB port is flimsy, I snapped mine off had to resolder it back on
  • not full sequential, on a 6 cylinder it runs as semi sequential injections/semi batch firing (pairing 2 at a time)
  • once in a while it decides to write erroneous values to your ignition table
  • base maps are horrible, you really need to spend time on it to get it to idle, drive normally

however, once you sort out those small idiosyncrasies it works like any other ECU and the support is from the man himself unlike bigger brands they would just brush you off. Andy replies to e-mails at any hour of the day and weekends when he has the chance.. so thumbs up there!

how much is one of these? like whats the saving for the hassle?

anyone using the knock digitial interface on vipec?

looking at getting this for my evo 8

keen to hear feedback on those using it

also keen to find a price for the knock interface with a sensor

You mean like this (EFI is an authorised Link Reseller):

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-744795118.htm

Haha i meant more like, i dont like sending cash to people i dont know or non-companies. At least if i do it in Aus someone knows someone and i can chase the cash.

Seriously? :wacko: RIPS is potentially one of the most trusted and respected Skyline related builders/tuners (hardly a non-company) in the world, people have been sending cars there from around the world for near a decade now - and there is nothing but good reputation surrounding them, if there was going to be anything to doubt about them I'd say something would have been said by now. Realistically, it's hard to not get bad stories even if there ISN'T something bad to say... to have the kind of name they have with the level builds and distant customers they have is pretty huge.

My tuner uses the link one I think. Thinks it's great and really good for picking up knock long before you hear it with just your ears. He's used a couple before

Seriously? :wacko: RIPS is potentially one of the most trusted and respected Skyline related builders/tuners (hardly a non-company) in the world, people have been sending cars there from around the world for near a decade now - and there is nothing but good reputation surrounding them, if there was going to be anything to doubt about them I'd say something would have been said by now. Realistically, it's hard to not get bad stories even if there ISN'T something bad to say... to have the kind of name they have with the level builds and distant customers they have is pretty huge.

RIPS? i was refering to the link that was sent to a forum in nz like this one of just a person selling a second hand unit.

RIPS? i was refering to the link that was sent to a forum in nz like this one of just a person selling a second hand unit.

Yep that was Sub boy - a fellow Skylines Downunder member who lives near the Link factory. I would trust him but fair enough if you don't want to.