SAU Community

Break In Schedule

scarf

Hi all

I picked up an R35 last Friday. For the first 500km it says not to rev past 3500rpm and keep in comfort.

Then it can be opened up a bit more, but still left in comfort, and to keep revs below 4500rpm for another 1500km.

How many of you kept to this? Any issues with Nissan at the first 2000km service if you had not?

Looking forward to meeting up with other owners and start getting into track days.

(Also I would highly recommend Simon at Col Crawford at Brookvale and Charles who does the financial side of things there. I could not have been happier with the service).

Cheers Oz

Hi, I followed the recommended run in schedule for the first 2000k's as closely as i could. But i am sure there would have been the odd spurt over the 3500 / 4500 RPM during this period (only after the car was properly warmed up) .. Had no problems at the 2000K POS at my dealer.. I did chuckle about this guidance after seeing the Performance Testing that Nissan does on every GT-R off the production line by the Nissan Test Drivers. (Quick enough to get the Brake Disks glowing red).. Have a look at the 2012 Megafactory Supercar Documentary on the GT-R.. Congrats on your new Car, is this your first GT-R ?

Mike...

Thanks for the info Mike.

I haven't been able to rack much km's on the car as I travelled overseas the very next day of picking it up and not returning till next week. I'll likely follow the recommendations similar to you and give it squirts here and there.

Yes it is my first GTR. Had a modded R33 GTS 25T some years ago and also drive a 370gt sedan. I've wanted a GTR since the R33 was released.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• You don't need an AC mechanic to fit it. You do need one to vac the system down and fill it. That's how you get refrigerant.
    • Well, it's actually probably worse than you think. I think you have to (minimally) install GKTech's spherical bush replacements to the lower arm's inner ends, because you absolutely cannot subject the original (or poly) bushes to that much misalignment. The better option being to replace the whole lower arm with GKTech's unit. This brings sphericals to the lower inners either way you do it. And are you aware that the kit is weld in and you have to take the subframe out of the car to get it fitted? It's a fair bit of work. These issues both drive my ongoing dithering about doing this to my car, for the last couple of years.
    • The website said you need a AC technican to swap it in. Is that true? How did you fill the refridgerant? Was it easy to install?  If i just got the bracket and the new smaller AC compressor, would the other components be compatible with R134?
    • Hi All Finally getting back to work on the R32 this weekend and had a quick question about the GKTech anti squat kit (https://au.gktech.com/products/s13-180sx-r32-subframe-anti-squat-reduction-weld-in-kit?_pos=39&_fid=eb6b5077e&_ss=c) So, this straightens out the rear LCA and increases the roll centre by 20MM which is great BUT I also have MFR roll centre adjusters (https://www.rhdjapan.com/moonface-super-lap-rc-joint-roll-center-adjuster-bnr32-ps13-rps13.html) which gives a +15MM lift. My question is whether they can/should be used together or if its going to massively effect the geometry? In my mind, I can't see that they work together but was hoping for some feedback on someone who has done this before deciding which to use or if both?   Thanks
    • Agreed. Thing has to be running absolutely pig rich as well. I would worry a lot less about your idle and start going through all your electrical before the car burns down.