SAU Community

350Gt Power Window Problem?

Hey there guys I've recently have this window problem just wondering if any of you guys have faced a similar issue and know how do i fix this. It started when my door actuators died so I brought my car to a car electrical shop. They tested popped up the bonnet and connected a lead to test the wiring system under the steering and inside of the door trim. after testing they said my alarm module might have died or something and my actuator's dead. (I've already told them in the first place that the actuators dead and thought they might have a universal one and mod it into my car). so i've never heard from my mechanic that my module was dead before so i said ok. they screwed back my door trim and i drove back home. half way out of the shop i noticed my power window (driver side) does not go up automatically. it only goes up manually. and when either door (passenger/driver) is opened, the window drops down like 1/4. I'm not sure what caused this and any advise would be great.

on a side note i brought my car to my mechanic and they tried the "reset" method after doing some research on the net and it still didn't work. window still drops when the door is open and stays there when closed.

i was pretty pissed as i paid 90$ to the so called electricians to "diagnose" my car's problem to get the windows not working. now I'm lost on what to do next. any advise?

Get the credit card out and bend over. That's not going to be a cheap exercise. Both door looks and both window motors need doing on top of the stereo you asked me about. Get ready to shell out $2k .

If it gets stuck down and you want it to go up. Open the door and while holding the Window switch up close the door with a bit of force (don't slam it) and that should do it.

Works everything for me.

The motors and regs in these doors are common fault. Reg + motors new from Nissan are about 800 for the both per door (give or take I bit)