SAU Community

Next Car For Da Wife. Xt Premium Vs Xc30 T6 Vs X3 Vs Murano Vs Rx350

Existing Bimmer 530i (E39) has been a great car for the past 5 yrs.

Still 80,000Km since '03 and going strong. Never a problem except coil packs and bushes.

Time for an upgrade to a SUV for an elderly couple (like us).

Budget is $40K. It'll be an auto trans. with reasonable power

Wife likes the higher seat position.

Process of elimination currently excludes CX5, Juke, X-Trail, Q5, Kluger, A4, Airtrek.

Will be travelling 7-8000Km/yr with a bit of off-road. Fuel consumpt'n up to 16l/100km OK.

Not towing much but will carry mtn bike n stuff.

Tried any? Pros n cons?

True, and thanks. We checked out a very nice 2010 XC60 T6 with 43,000Km for $39K on Sat. One owner with dealership servicing. Wife and I are quite impressed!

Pros n cons of the XC90?

Pro's:

It's a Volvo

Con's:

It's a Volvo

Hehe yes, well reading between the lines, with a Volvo one either wins big or loses big depending on if it's a good'un

What about an X5? I know of one that might be up for sale shortly...

Low Kms Mat? Technology on these X5s is getting on now? Series I or..

?

Low Kms Mat? Technology on these X5s is getting on now? Series I or..

?

No idea actually :P Just know mum and her partner both have X5s and will be offloading them soon...

I have some friends with a CX-5; the fit & finish is amazing on the current Mazda's; and fuel economy is well below your limit Terry.
There's room for 4 adults, and has decent ground clearance, and Top gear showed that they tow okay off road too. :whistling:

Other friend has a Kluger, much bigger than a CX-5 but commensurately heavier on fuel at a pinch over 2t. Not a fan of the way they drive at all. No diesel available, only petrol V6.

I have some friends with a CX-5; the fit & finish is amazing on the current Mazda's; and fuel economy is well below your limit Terry.

There's room for 4 adults, and has decent ground clearance, and Top gear showed that they tow okay off road too. :whistling:

Other friend has a Kluger, much bigger than a CX-5 but commensurately heavier on fuel at a pinch over 2t. Not a fan of the way they drive at all. No diesel available, only petrol V6.

While we are offering feedback, my sister had a brand new Captiva top of the line thing and it was a heap of shit :laugh: they ended up flogging it off cheap and getting the new Hyundai Santa Fe and love it!

Tez, you can pick up some low k VW toerags for that sort of coin, basically a q7 or cayenne without the snob value. Great cars with good motors and if you want to tow with it later you can, plenty of grunt.

One particular Importer that you are friendly with Terry, recently imported the FX50 from the UK.

Might be worth a chat, if the Mrs likes the one she sees.

:)