SAU Community

Rb25 Questions

G'day guys I have a series 2 rb25 and I'm looking at doing a 25/30 conversion and with everything I have read I still can't find info on what I'm looking for it's got a t66 turbonetics turbo 550cc injectors apexi power fc poncams and he all so said it has a upgraded I tank pump but unsure as well as a fuel reg and front mount now what I want to know is the the r34 neodet head much better ? As my tuner said that the 30bottom end will only like reving to 8000 and to just use my 25 head because it will only rev to 7500 anyway and it has much smaller ports and shit bowls? I'm not sure. All so my t66 I believe is quite out dated can any one recommend a good size turbo I want 300atw and will I achieve 300 with the mods I have ?

Edited by jeffero69

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Have you searched.?

Everything you have asked has been covered.

I assume you you haven't searched.

There is even even an rb30 section.

3 people are currently doing builds , countless have already done it.

heaps of threads discuss the neo head benefits, even over an rb26 head.

How did your tuner pull the 8000rpm figure for the rb30? Based on what?

The info is all on here.

Do yourself and everyone else a a favor and read heaps.

If for some crazy reason you are still stuck we Weare here to help, but constantly going over the same shit gets tiring.

Edited by Ben C34

I have just been using google to search all my questions atm I have just joined and I'm currently going through the post now and reading what I can as for the 8000 rpm figure I have no idea where he got it from but he's a respected tuner for rb's. All so questions like will I need a different manifold for the neo head and that stuff I need to know about

As Superben said it has all been pretty much covered before mate. You are in the right place for starters, the 'forced induction' section, now all you have to do it scroll up to the top and you will see an RB30 section.

Spend a week reading through both of those (Use the search function if you are looking for specific info) and then come back and ask any questions you still have.

Plenty of people here are more than happy to help people out, but sometimes you just have to help someone help themselves ;)

Good luck mate!

I have just been using google to search all my questions atm I have just joined and I'm currently going through the post now and reading what I can as for the 8000 rpm figure I have no idea where he got it from but he's a respected tuner for rb's. All so questions like will I need a different manifold for the neo head and that stuff I need to know about

thought they have a longer stroke....but they still rev.

So far the only questions I need answered are if I use a neo head which I will probably do. Do I need to use different injectors intake manifold and so on and with my pfc will I need to change my loom over to a 34 loom ?

I can establish you are starting with a pretty basic understanding of what is going on.

Don't be in a rush.

Take your time to read and learn.

Don't waste your money.