SAU Community

Rb25 Questions

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I don't at 14psi don't get me wrong if just wanted to know what other supporting mods I need and this was the tune that came with the car I sold it to a fella who put a bigger front mount on tuned it to this and 6 months later I have brought it back

You need more supporting psi's in the manifold. :P

You can make 300 on your current turbo, your current engine. not sure what your injectors are i think you mentioned 550cc. that might be enough

wind 20psi through the stock motor on that turbo. t66 is massive by today's standard BTW.

I reckon you'll get 300 pretty easy. above 20psi and you want to do some headwork I believe but maybe you can squeeze a bit more boost on the factory valvesprings seeing as the turbo is so big.

You can make 300 on your current turbo, your current engine. not sure what your injectors are i think you mentioned 550cc. that might be enough

wind 20psi through the stock motor on that turbo. t66 is massive by today's standard BTW.

I reckon you'll get 300 pretty easy. above 20psi and you want to do some headwork I believe but maybe you can squeeze a bit more boost on the factory valvesprings seeing as the turbo is so big.

Yeah well it's on a stock exhaust manifold they just pumped the t66 on there and hoped for the best haha but when it comes on boost it comes on hard!

Okay son of rajab son of rajab this is a roller coaster.

Keep your R33 head and slap it on an RB30 bottom end.

Keep your turbo.

Buy X-Spurt 1000cc injectors.

Sell your Power FC and buy a Link/Haltech.

Keep standard intake manifold.

Keep the hot side (turbo side) all the same.

Get it tuned by a REPUTABLE tuner. Run it at 20psi and enjoy obscene amounts of power, who cares what it makes, 300kw is just a number. I guarantee you will be happy with whatever it makes.

This is the best/cheapest/easiest/least f**king about way to do what you want.

while i agree with everything here he can still use the powerfc.

^^ This is why you have a lot to learn... Don't just get the parts people tell you to get, research why you need them, then you may understand.

well out of the gt3076 and gtx3076 is there any others to look at and out of the 2 bang for buck ?

out of those 2. bang for buck GT3076. but look up hypergearturbos.com and they have dyno sheets on RB25's for most of their turbos. for 300kw on P98 internally gated on the factory manifold you could probably do that with the SS2. You can do it with an R34 highflow I think too which is guaranteed direct bolt on + stock looking

TD06

GTX3071

There are plenty of others, but your choices will change my recommendations. External gate and e85 would be the most important upgrades I could suggest you do at the moment.

Do you have access to an e85 pump? Where are you located? Are the police happy to ream you after popping your bonnet? Do you have yearly RWC inspections? etc, etc.

TD06

GTX3071

There are plenty of others, but your choices will change my recommendations. External gate and e85 would be the most important upgrades I could suggest you do at the moment.

Do you have access to an e85 pump? Where are you located? Are the police happy to ream you after popping your bonnet? Do you have yearly RWC inspections? etc, etc.

No e85 on pump no sadly the best we get on pump is 98 and no yearly Rwc and cops are easy going I drove this around on my p's for nearly a year and my rb20 s13 as well not even pulled over

out of those 2. bang for buck GT3076. but look up hypergearturbos.com and they have dyno sheets on RB25's for most of their turbos. for 300kw on P98 internally gated on the factory manifold you could probably do that with the SS2. You can do it with an R34 highflow I think too which is guaranteed direct bolt on + stock looking

I'll jump on and have a look now