SAU Community

Bogging Down For 3-5 Seconds On Downshifts Only

So you reckon its the bov spring, not the gasket? Can I not put a new similar rated spring on - also if I block that little hole, there will be no boost getting in from the top to hold the bov shut - hence it will always be open/ leak, correct?

Ok don't smash it. Caress it with a hammer.

Like I said to increase the spring preload.

It fixed my bov leaking which is your current Issue

Also block up the little hole with a m5 grub screw.

or think about it for weeks and do nothing. Doesn't bother me.

man you are a wet blanket sometimes ay.

• Like 1

So you reckon its the bov spring, not the gasket? Can I not put a new similar rated spring on - also if I block that little hole, there will be no boost getting in from the top to hold the bov shut - hence it will always be open/ leak, correct?

Have you looked at the stock bov?

You can't replace the spring.

The hole I'm talking about is on the side that bolts onto the crossover pipe. It does not help keep the valve shut and it's very common to block it.

It is there to smoothen the transition onto boost.

And one more time.

I did it.

It fixed my bov.

It doesn't leak.

I run 20 psi.

Anyway. I'll stop being a wet blanket and trying to help you.

Ben is right. I blocked the hole. I then beat the top of the bov in. You get less travel on the (piston/hat?) but it's firmer now.

When you take your foot off the accelerator It will flutter a lil under light boost, and make no noise at high rpm. It's perfect.

We've all had the same problem of boost leaking in the low end. This fixed mine.

Edited by Stagea97
  • Like 1

Thanks fellas. I will insert a screw in that hole and try to punch the top in with a hammer, just fear damage that it won't open anymore.. Anyone got a pic of a bashed in bov, so I know roughly how much to 'do it in'?

I run 22psi btw, and at 22psi in 3rd/4th it drops and keeps dropping down to 12-13psi sometimes, not all the time - and boost fluctuates 2-3psi most times. Definitely a leak.

Edited by rondofj