SAU Community

Help'''''. R34 Rb25 Gearbox Into R32 4Door Gtst Factory Manual

Hey guys for those of you who have done this conversion . My r32 4 door mspec needed a new gearbox. I've got an r34 manual box and I can't seem to get the box in the tunnel it hits the top of the tunnel. What's the trick?

Or do I need to start bashing the tunnel?

I stopped for the night but would like to have another go in the morning.

Also I've installed an exedy hyper twin plate already to motor

The twin plate makes it hard as you can't get the box close enough to the motor before it goes up even with a 20 box it's tricky with a twin. What you need to do is loosen the engine mounts, jack the front of the engine up and get someone else to push the back of the engine down. It's a pain but once the 25 box is in you probably won't have to take it out fro a while.

Thanks I got the gearbox in by loosening the engine mounts and jacking the front of the motor up. Once I did that I had more then enough room. I can confirm that a factory manual r32 4 door skylines gearbox crossmember stamped "C" or "A" (they are identical) will not straight bolt up to the rb25 r34 gearbox in the standard position. I welded to bits of flat bar to the top and extended and drilled new holes. Works fine.

I did what most people have done and got the standard tail shaft and had the r33 yoke put on and I think it may be to short. You be the judge. I think it needed to be about 10-15 mm longer just less then an inch.

post-22485-0-08755400-1403342283_thumb.jpg

Edited by DriftSquad

I'm not 100% if this car was abs or not.it is am m-spec factory manual sunroof ect

All that was done was the r33 yoke was welded to the standard r32 tail shaft. Many people on this forum said that was all it was needed so I was hoping some one could compair

Edited by DriftSquad

That's all you need. Looks like it was cut down a little short. You could go get yourself an abs diff as the nose is a little longer (like 10-15mm), will push the tailshaft further into the gearbox. The centre bearing should have enough movement in it to allow this.

• 6 years later...

R34 GTT Tail Shaft yoke for a manual gear box. 

Can you buy the yoke as a spare part for turbo GTT r34? Is the Auto yoke the same I suspect not?

Like most of us with an Auto R34 a manual conversion is on the to-do list. It seems like the gear box is buyable but all the other parts are harder to come buy especially the tail shaft. Oh and the gear stick.      

14 hours ago, toranarod said:

R34 GTT Tail Shaft yoke for a manual gear box. 

Can you buy the yoke as a spare part for turbo GTT r34? Is the Auto yoke the same I suspect not?

Like most of us with an Auto R34 a manual conversion is on the to-do list. It seems like the gear box is buyable but all the other parts are harder to come buy especially the tail shaft. Oh and the gear stick.      

I have a R34, and I did a manual conversion on it, with a R33 GTST Gearbox. You just need the front half of the tailshaft to suit the gearbox you are putting in.

But also as above, you may be surprised how cheap a custom driveshaft is. I've since put a LS into the car and needed 2! driveshafts made up (because I changed the gearbox... yet again) and it's been surprisingly little fuss on the driveshaft front.

Don't use a TR6060 though. Bad ratios.