SAU Community

T51R On The Street

Rbdirty30

Hey guys I'm thinking about changing my turbo setup from low mount hks gtrs turbos to a single hks t51r kai, my question is what would this turbo be like to drive on the street? When would it roughly hit full boost? Would it light up four wheels once it hits full boost taking off in first and second gear? I'm asking these questions because I don't want a super laggy car or a car that is hopeless to drive from to much wheel spin, my car is a r32 gtr and my motor is a 26/30 and my head has over sized valves, port work and 280 cams with 10.5 lift. Cheers

Nytsky would be the best person to ask, he has a t51r on a 25/30 in an r33 gtst

The other thing to consider about is in recent times turbo technology has come leaps and bounds and there are turbos that will make t51r power with greatly reduced lag. But it's your car and you have the final say

I've read up about the new turbos and how much better they are, but I don't have the money to get a new setup, there's a t51r on gumtree for $3300 that I thought was cheap enough

Dude you have MORE THAN ENOUGH to buy something newer and nicer than that old turd burger! If you dont want a super laggy turbo then this ISN'T the turbo for you! If you think $3300 is cheap for an OLD school used turbo it isnt lol.. If you have $3300 to burn now save another $700 and get a new 6466 and manifold and gates etc. :D

I have a T51R on my 26, no two ways about it, it is laggy, but it does have a very rich tune on it which does not help the lag. With a decent tune it should be much better. At the moment it's hitting 25psi at around 5000rpm and holds strong all the way to 9000rpm.

Jez

With my gtrs turbos I was going to push them to around 25psi but if I got a big single I'd like to go around the 30+ psi , I'd to get around the 500awkw mark

Easyily do able mate with less lag then t51

My precision 6266 is making an easy 450kw at 24.5psi, I'm sure 30psi will see 500kw

(Simonr32) on here has a 6262 making abit over 500kw on 30psi

Easyily do able mate with less lag then t51

My precision 6266 is making an easy 450kw at 24.5psi, I'm sure 30psi will see 500kw

(Simonr32) on here has a 6262 making abit over 500kw on 30psi

pulp or e85?

I was thinking of maybe changing my gtrs turbos with twin low mounted gtx2863's, I'll be running e85 with a 30 bottom end as well. I like the idea of twins but I don't no if they'd produce the power I want

^^^ Now ya heading in the right direction!

Forgot about the number dude its how it makes the power!

If its a street car you want best area under the curve :)

Nothing is gayer than needing to dial up 7000rpm and 1000db of RB fury to beat a V6 commodore ;)

• Like 1

^^^ Now ya heading in the right direction!

Forgot about the number dude its how it makes the power!

If its a street car you want best area under the curve :)

Nothing is gayer than needing to dial up 7000rpm and 1000db of RB fury to beat a V6 commodore ;)

I disagree.

Vtech is.

• Like 1

The bottom end is forged je pistons with h beam rods, nitto head gasket, nitto oil pump , with all the other oil mods, 9 litre sump, balanced with a ati balancer and a direct racing twin plate clutch( top if the range) the head has double valve springs with 280 cams with 10.5 lift , 1mm oversized valves, inlet and exhaust ported, exhaust is 3.5 inch stainless with hks dump pipes and hks pulse low mount manifolds , ecu is a haltec plug in platinum pro, splitfire coil packs with a hks igniter .