SAU Community

V8 Supercar Spec Alcons Front Brake Set Up For Skyline

this set is suit a skyline

currently on my r32 gtr have done about 2000kms on the street and 2 light track days

comes complete with 380mm rotors ,calipers,brackets,pads

can take you for a drive in the car to show good these brakes are

when applied feels like your eyes will pop out of your head

im still using the standard brake booster with abs with no problems

only selling to fund my new race car build

will have to run 18inch or larger wheels

$4500

will suit s13/14/15

Some pics would be good.

Condition?

Type of discs?

Seals ok?

Type of pads?

How much life left?

Dog bones and hats custom made or prefab?

Come with lines?

What brand?

These are the sorts of things people will want to know when buying this sort of thing for this sort of price.

• Like 1

Natemarian:yeh on face book

these are on my car which i drive they in excellent condition

Condition? Excellent as above says 2000kms 2 track days

Type of discs? Alcon as above says

Seals ok? there on my car which i drive

Type of pads? fs2500

How much life left? 72.342524362543%

Dog bones and hats custom made or prefab? i custom

Come with lines? No

What brand?Alcon as above

Condition? Excellent as above says 2000kms 2 track days Id still like to see some pics of the actual setup without a rim so I can see what they look like.

Type of discs? Alcon as above says How thick are they? What groove pattern? How many vanes? What is the max thickness rotor the caliper can take?

Seals ok? there on my car which i drive OK

Type of pads? fs2500 OK

How much life left? 72.342524362543% No need to be smart. How thick are they? What is the max thickness the caliper can take?

Dog bones and hats custom made or prefab? i custom Out of what material?

Come with lines? No OK

What brand?Alcon as above I was asking about the lines if it came with them.

All of these questions are need to know things for this calibre of hardware.

I have a spare rear pair of calipers and am genuinely considering building another setup.

If you could get a decent pic and some of the details I was asking about man, I would really appreciate it

Its all good. But yeah, I probably am a little fussy when it comes to this sort of thing ;)

Id love to actually come check them out in person, however with work and other commitments, I am a little hard pressed for spare time.

Like I said, i have a spare pair of rears from parts I have obtained, and was thinking I may be able to build another complete setup, with the intention of possibly selling to a fellow SAUer (as a complete kit is easier to offload than just calipers lol)

Ive just seen people in the past say "V8 supercar calipers", when in actual fact they are just a street version or something completely different.

I really appreciate the pics you have taken man.

However, these are not the calipers I was expecting.

The V8 supercar caliper I know have a removable bridge piece and a quick release pad retainer.

They may be V8 supercar calipers, but if they are, they would be from a very old year make, or possibly from the NZ V8 supercars.

Sorry man, but ill have to pass on these. Thanks anyway.

Is that pic from when they were installed on car? The bleed nipples are on the wrong end of caliper. Looks like they need to be swapped over to be suitable to run on a Nissan

Can you confirm rotor part no.? At 31.9mm they are near brand new 32mm rotor or undersized 35-36mm rotor. Can you confirm caliper part no as well? They arent V8 Supercar calipers but perhaps the rotors are.

Looks like its a kit that has been pieced together using the Mono6 Alcon street caliper. But there are two versions of the Mono6. One is for a 32mm rotor the other for 35.5mm that also takes diameters up to 410mm