SAU Community

Race Technology Dash2 Setup

Hi guys

I'm in the process of putting together a data acquisition package from Race Technology ( http://www.race-technology.com ) for my track-only S15 and am unsure as for how I should be approaching this. I'm wanting to run a standalone data-logging package as I haven't yet chosen what ECU I'll be using, as I still haven't figured out what engine I'll running - either a SR20DET or a LSx.

I already have a Dash2, so am looking at purchasing the following:

Is there anything I'm missing? Or should be aware of?

Any hints or tips will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Sell the dash2 and buy a Racepac IQ3, then hook it up to a CAN ready ECU (Haltech/Motec/Link).

I haven't used the analsis software for the DL1, but if it's anything like the dash2 software I don't imagine it will be any good.

Thanks for the replies guys

Sell the dash2 and buy a Racepac IQ3, then hook it up to a CAN ready ECU (Haltech/Motec/Link).

I haven't used the analsis software for the DL1, but if it's anything like the dash2 software I don't imagine it will be any good.

Why is it that the Dash2 software is no good?

It was a couple of years ago last time I used the dash2 software, but from memory setting up the voltage tables for the sensors was unbelievably hard. From memory the dash didn't read the true voltage and interpreted to it's own scale. Something that should have taken 30 mins to setup took hours.

A dash that can read sensors via CAN from the ECU makes life a lots easier. I have all my sensors wired to the ECU can run via CAN to my dash. The only things wired straight into the dash are, brake switch and fuel level