SAU Community

V35 Cvt Gearbox Disengaging

You might need a consult3 or a decent clone to read the TCU codes.. my nissan datascan adaptor won't read the TCU in my wife's J31 maxima.. so I would assume it wouldn't read the TCU in V35 either.

p1065 check fuse in engine bay its 15a says inj emg cont had that code couple days ago and changed fuse and no more engine light.I have got scanner for the v35 if u want bring to me can scan for you or reset codes.

Hey man,

Where abouts are you located?

I dont want to drive the car as it did give off a little bit of a burning smell when I got home :(

Im happy to pass you a 6-pack or something in exchange for your scanning tool services

Any idea if your scanner will scan for gearbox errors?

I dont think P1065 is related to the gearbox at all

Im going to check oil level, colour and how dirty it is, and see if its contaminated with coolant

I have spoken to Auto Japan who was very helpful, unfortunately will not touch cvt gearboxes :(

Ive been advised to take it to a Nissan dealer *fingers crossed one of them are willing to help*

Hey man,

Where abouts are you located?

I dont want to drive the car as it did give off a little bit of a burning smell when I got home :(

Im happy to pass you a 6-pack or something in exchange for your scanning tool services

Any idea if your scanner will scan for gearbox errors?

I dont think P1065 is related to the gearbox at all

Im going to check oil level, colour and how dirty it is, and see if its contaminated with coolant

I have spoken to Auto Japan who was very helpful, unfortunately will not touch cvt gearboxes :(

Ive been advised to take it to a Nissan dealer *fingers crossed one of them are willing to help*

Im in orelia.Dont take it to nissan,try C-red tunning or tokyo motorsports.Change trans oil and change the fuse for the ecm ive found that 1 thing on the v35 cant affect heaps things.Yes my scanner will scan for trans error,s

My is getting worst too. First it had whine noise. Now and again it jumb and stop just in a morning.The funny thing is it still driveable. I got up 120km/h on Freeway. Just whine noise constancy there soon the wheels move

I had a look and noise come out from Trans. Took a housing off all bearings look OK but we don't want to open Trans yet

I am looking another car then this can play around

If you going to buy Oil try this : http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/onlinestore/item/10000682/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-c0cx1th_TZtg.yBDabPmoA

I got from them last time no issue

• 2 months later...

The easier option is to purchase a 6mt conversion kit and sell the cvt transmission to cvt.nz. I am currently in process of conversion. If anyone will need assistance in future I will be writing step by step plan in more deapth than the current one I am following. Which can be located at the following infinity forum site http://g35driver.com/forums/drivetrain/345132-diy-5at-6mt-swap.html

Jezzza you may purchase the CVT out of my car if you like. Don't be concerned on price because I will sell it to you for less than the price of 4LT of cvt fluid. If you are interested still. Extroid Cvt model number is JR006E.. I guess you would have found this info out already.