SAU Community

Help- Need To Borrow Z32Afm -Sydney

Hi SAU, if anyone in Sydney preferrably close to Parramatta would let me borrow their z32afm (to rule out mine which I think is playing up) I would be most grateful. Its got its pins re-soldered btw.

Problem-maf cells jumping to and utilising wrong map points for 3-5 seconds under downshifts on load as seen on powerfc maptracer- causes massive rich n retard and power drop. This even happens with blocked off stock bov to rule out afm reverberration.

Normal driving in 3rd/4th at 1800-2000rpms is jerky and rough sometimes, idle is rough sometimes. Note that the blocked off bov isnt the problem here as it wasnt running jerky n rough the last few weeks with blocked bov.

Dont think its coilpacks as its fine under high load/rpm and always been-coils are stockies less than a 7 months old.

So would like to borrow someones z32 or CAS if it could be that?

Thanks

Sorry its a r34neo running precision 5558 and ewg, 22psi boost, powerfc, z32, metal intake with stock bov return and crankcase vent welded in etc

Edited by rondofj

As above- maf utilising wrong cell points on map under certain conditions and causing massive rr and crapiness, even with bov blocked to rule out afm reversion

Thanks mate, dont know if tomorrows good? U in Bankstown right, I can drive down- where exactly- and what do u look like haha. Just so I know its you. I had ur number I think but lost it somehow- 0416424446 is mine ;-

Edited by rondofj

Ahk, if its when cruising at those sort of revs or trying to gain speed its likely to be too lean.

Do you have the ability to change values? Give it a bit more fuel between 1500 and 3000.

Yeh got the pfc commander and nope Yavuz has personally been thru it 2-3 times and says theres not anything he can see wrong in the tune, he said to change piping/ relocate afm/ test n report back.

Thanks mate, dont know if tomorrows good? U in Bankstown right, I can drive down- where exactly- and what do u look like haha. Just so I know its you

I'm in Liverpool now, can you do.... Sun up? Sunday is ladies day, and she isn't much of a lady if I don't properly spend it with her. Though she's lazy and takes forever to get up so there is a reasonable timeslot.

I am almost twice as tall as a normal man and at least five times as wide. I look simply too big to be allowed, and so wild - long tangles of bushy black hair and beard hides most of my face, I have hands the size of dustbin lids and my feet in their leather boots are like baby dolphins.

I will also be the only dickhead sitting outside an open garage in my driveway at 7 AM.

• Like 2

Yeh got the pfc commander and nope Yavuz has personally been thru it 2-3 times and says theres not anything he can see wrong in the tune, he said to change piping/ relocate afm/ test n report back.

Have you seen my fix for reversion? I guess you will tomorrow.

Hahahaha man thats a bit harsh lol, sun ups kinda hard as I need to drop someone off early morning. If you are able anytime after 9am then lemme know, even if its midnite Sunday ;

Reversion is not caused by the BOV, in fact a bov would help prevent it if done properly. I also don't believe in the pepsi can method, no no no.

Reversion is the AFM reading a signal from what is coming back out of the turbo. So when you shift and your turbo makes that zututu noise that would be causing reversion.

Reversion is most likely to happen when you vary the throttle or throttle off while driving. Especially when under load and then closing the throttle.

What, you want to pick the time??? I thought you wanted to borrow my Z32? Suddenly it seems like I owe you something :P Yeah ok, we can try for afternoon. I cant guarantee I will be able to but I can try.

So what is ur number n address brah? If u can txt me on the number I listed 8-9 posts up when u are free then I can come down. Reversion I thought is from all the air escaping back thru the bov return when u release the throttle..

Edited by rondofj

I'm in Liverpool now, can you do.... Sun up? Sunday is ladies day, and she isn't much of a lady if I don't properly spend it with her. Though she's lazy and takes forever to get up so there is a reasonable timeslot.

I am almost twice as tall as a normal man and at least five times as wide. I look simply too big to be allowed, and so wild - long tangles of bushy black hair and beard hides most of my face, I have hands the size of dustbin lids and my feet in their leather boots are like baby dolphins.

I will also be the only dickhead sitting outside an open garage in my driveway at 7 AM.

How do you fit in a S14?..i feel sorry for your girlfriend if your in proportion....lmao

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Lol Darren I don't fit in the S14. Currently considering chopping part of the floor to mount the seat lower.

Furthermore, it was a quote from the first Harry Potter book.

I won't go there on that last bit. I almost need counselling for it.

Edited by GTScotT

It does sound like you have reversion issues and the best fix is a plumback bov as far away from the afm the better and closer to the turbo so it doesn't interfere with the afm signal

Also have you read on here of using a r35 gtr afm which idles better and doesn't get affected by reversion as much

Nistune has made a map for it but not sure how it will go with the power fc

Have a search it's on the nistune forums aswell